THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning m235i bov/diverter valve?

09-17-2019, 06:28 AM   #23
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Jeff,
I have finally diagnosed my problem and what I thought was a weak hpfp issue has turned out to be a bad DV. I also have been looking at he GFB DV that basically retains the stock BMW unit but replaces the valve body with one that is made from Aluminum instead of the cheap and weak factory plastic one. For only $140 it seems to me as a "no brainer". As far as the loud noise that you get from some BV's I am fine with nothing louder than stock. I guess you get to a point where "sounding cool" is not a buying feature but something of more one's personal taste. Where as myself if it does not improve the performance of the vehicle than it would not interest me.
So I take it you would agree with my choice of the GFB DV as a replacement for my failing factory unit?
Many Thanks,
David
I have it, it's the perfect replacement for the stock unit. Doesn't make any extra noise from what I can tell. Have had it for over a year now.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 05:08 PM   #24
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1wheels View Post
Jeff,
I have finally diagnosed my problem and what I thought was a weak hpfp issue has turned out to be a bad DV. I also have been looking at he GFB DV that basically retains the stock BMW unit but replaces the valve body with one that is made from Aluminum instead of the cheap and weak factory plastic one. For only $140 it seems to me as a "no brainer". As far as the loud noise that you get from some BV's I am fine with nothing louder than stock. I guess you get to a point where "sounding cool" is not a buying feature but something of more one's personal taste. Where as myself if it does not improve the performance of the vehicle than it would not interest me.
So I take it you would agree with my choice of the GFB DV as a replacement for my failing factory unit?
Many Thanks,
David
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
I have it, it's the perfect replacement for the stock unit. Doesn't make any extra noise from what I can tell. Have had it for over a year now.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #25
este
N54 to N55
Rep
Drives: e92 335i (sold) / M235i 6mt

just ordered the gfb dv+, regarding install any ideas how many hours a indy shop would charge? Im thinking 2 max? DIY looks possible with right extensions, I would rent a lift $20hr if I were to tackle myself.
Appreciate 0