THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics M235i radio/climate control replacement

07-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #1
XEscape_ArtistX
Rep
Drives: M235i

M235i radio/climate control replacement

So I had an air freshener leak on a hot summer day into my center vents and radio. Car is a 2015 M235i. I ordered a full radio/climate control stack from a dismantaler where the donor car was the same year M235i and same options without the heated seats. Wanted to know what sort of coding was involved and how plug and play would it be?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

This actually belongs in a different thread - the moderators will have to move it.

To answer your question I AFAIK and from my experience some of the features will have to be re-enabled by FSC code from the dealer, as I think these are tied to VIN number. I had my head unit replaced twice under warranty, and they had to reflash the car so everything was at the same I-step and then add the navigation FSC codes. Also if you use the Sirius the new radio ID will have to be swapped to your account. The head unit is a rather simple physical swap. My recommendation would be to swap the head units, take to a dealer for reflash the car and bring the old head unit to try and get the new FSC code as a swap for the old dead unit.
Dackelone10511.00
Viffermike1753.00
      07-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235SDCA View Post
This actually belongs in a different thread - the moderators will have to move it.

To answer your question I AFAIK and from my experience some of the features will have to be re-enabled by FSC code from the dealer, as I think these are tied to VIN number. I had my head unit replaced twice under warranty, and they had to reflash the car so everything was at the same I-step and then add the navigation FSC codes. Also if you use the Sirius the new radio ID will have to be swapped to your account. The head unit is a rather simple physical swap. My recommendation would be to swap the head units, take to a dealer for reflash the car and bring the old head unit to try and get the new FSC code as a swap for the old dead unit.
Yep, the new radio will have to be coded to the car. IF you get the coding wrong, the dealer won't be able to update the car's software in the future.

You can have your dealer do the coding or an expert car coder perform the coding.
Appreciate 0