THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack wheels for mineral grey

07-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #23
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Old thread but I thought I'd add another one to get more of an idea what titanium/gunmetal looks like w/MG. I really like the middle of the road colors/tints, in-between silver and black.

I was actually looking at those wheels. It looks good and I may have to pull the trigger soon. Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #24
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
I was actually looking at those wheels. It looks good and I may have to pull the trigger soon. Thanks for posting.
You're welcome! They suit the car. I'm actually looking at some spoke design wheels now, I used to run some on previous M's. I go thru wheels.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #25
NOT2DAY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Old thread but I thought I'd add another one to get more of an idea what titanium/gunmetal looks like w/MG. I really like the middle of the road colors/tints, in-between silver and black.

TWINS! Except I have the VMR 810s

They always look much darker once the brake dust settles though

Agreed about middle road colors. Hyper Silvers are too much contrast for my taste unless its a rim that doesn't have a lot of spokes / material a la OZ Leggera's. I'm not a fan of black rims on mineral grey, but definitely looks better to me on any other color.
Appreciate 1
Denk1006.00
      07-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #26
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're welcome! They suit the car. I'm actually looking at some spoke design wheels now, I used to run some on previous M's. I go thru wheels.
Well, if you happen to be in the NW, I'd be interested in your set!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 03:50 PM   #27
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm in Portland. Cool, I'll let you know.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #28
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Portland. Cool, I'll let you know.
I'm in Bethany so I'm very close. My car is actually at Discount Tire right now getting new Michelin PIlot AS 3+ installed because I had a second bulge in the RFT in 6 months. Kuni refuses to warranty the tire even though it was the exact tire I replaced 6 months prior due to a bulge. I wasn't about to drop another $300 to replace a front tire to have a rear tire blow out in a few months and cost me $400+. These RFT's are a joke! I swapped out my old E92 to Conti DWS06 and it was much better than the Bridgestone RFT's and these new Mich's are supposed to be even better.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #29
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm in Bethany so I'm very close. My car is actually at Discount Tire right now getting new Michelin PIlot AS 3+ installed because I had a second bulge in the RFT in 6 months. Kuni refuses to warranty the tire even though it was the exact tire I replaced 6 months prior due to a bulge. I wasn't about to drop another $300 to replace a front tire to have a rear tire blow out in a few months and cost me $400+. These RFT's are a joke! I swapped out my old E92 to Conti DWS06 and it was much better than the Bridgestone RFT's and these new Mich's are supposed to be even better.
I think you'll love the Michelin's. I like them better than the DWS06, which isn't bad for what it is. Yeah, the RFT's are terrible! Hopefully Discount tire gets a good balance for you. I don't think they have a road force balancer. Check your rim too, they don't have a "touchless" tire removal tool.
Appreciate 1
hwntime270.00
      07-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #30
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think you'll love the Michelin's. I like them better than the DWS06, which isn't bad for what it is. Yeah, the RFT's are terrible! Hopefully Discount tire gets a good balance for you. I don't think they have a road force balancer. Check your rim too, they don't have a "touchless" tire removal tool.
They've yet to screw anything up for me. I had them do my E92, IS350, and G37 in the past without incident *fingers crossed*
Appreciate 1
Denk1006.00
      07-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #31
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just picked it up and happy to say that they're balanced with no wheel damage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Denk1006.00
      07-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #32
wntrsnowg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I think Bronze colored wheels look good on MG
Appreciate 0