THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Help!! EDC?

09-01-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Chayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Help!! EDC?

I need to buy my rear struts. The problem is that I don't if they are EDC. How I can identify it? My car is a 228i sportline 2015. If someone can put a link to the part I need to buy I will really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
spidy512
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 f80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
yo!

It shold be pretty easy to tell if you have adaptive suspension.

First there should be a button next to your gear shift mech. It is a toggle type switch. You press up to move from Comfort/Sport/Sport+. If you do not have this toggle button, you do not have edc.

Secondly, if you look at either your front or rear shocks, you will see a insulated black electrical cable plugging into a large cylinder on the side of the shock. That cylinder is the mech that controls changes the valving based on what setting you have choosen.

You could also but you VIN into one of the many BMW VIN decoders (google) and that will show your cars specific build. With that info, most reputable shops will be able to get you the correct shocks for your car.

Hope that help!

josh
Appreciate 1
Chayo7.00
      09-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
Chayo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
yo!

It shold be pretty easy to tell if you have adaptive suspension.

First there should be a button next to your gear shift mech. It is a toggle type switch. You press up to move from Comfort/Sport/Sport+. If you do not have this toggle button, you do not have edc.

Secondly, if you look at either your front or rear shocks, you will see a insulated black electrical cable plugging into a large cylinder on the side of the shock. That cylinder is the mech that controls changes the valving based on what setting you have choosen.

You could also but you VIN into one of the many BMW VIN decoders (google) and that will show your cars specific build. With that info, most reputable shops will be able to get you the correct shocks for your car.

Hope that help!

josh
Thanks for you help. I checked and I have sport suspension without edc.
Appreciate 1
spidy512491.50