THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Problems with replacing my M235i taillight?

08-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
bobwayne17
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2015 M235i

Problems with replacing my M235i taillight?

What's up everyone.

I've owned my '15 M235i for about 2 years now and I had to add the additional ground to my left taillight since the pin had burned up. Unfortunately, my right taillight seems to have had a crack in it and the inside of the light is very corroded and I don't think it would be a good idea to try and drill for an additional ground.

I purchased a replacement light off of FCPeuro and I believe this may be a 'fixed' light? It has an additional black cord coming off of the light and when I plugged in the 8 pin connector, it's very dim and only the brake light seems to be working. Is that other black cord an additional ground? I understand there's some kind of additional ground you can add to the wiring harness and then plug in? Could I splice that additional cord to create the new ground?

I seem to have problems finding a light without this additional black cord for sale. When I looked in some of the other threads, it looked like there were some references to a newtis thread but I can't access that thread anymore. Let me know if there's anything you can think of to help.
Appreciate 0