THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Video: Brainerd Donnybrooke Long Course

10-14-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Video: Brainerd Donnybrooke Long Course

This is from the Audi Club Glacier Lakes 2021 Quattroberfest event at Brainerd International Raceway.

This is the original Donnybrooke long course, which uses the long dragstrip as the front straight that ends at a fun banked corner. A corner I do not have the tires (or the balls) to take flat out. It also looks really tight when you are approaching it at 135. The speedometer says 140, but if you look at the GPS speed numbers on the lower left, you see the accurate speed is 135. I can't imagine what it's like at the 160+ the GT3's are doing. Or the 170 a guy with a Ferrari F12 was hitting.

These are not my fastest laps of the day. I was turning fairly consistent 2:05's when the track was dry, but it was quite damp for this session. It was misting enough at the start of the session my wipers were on. That is the reason we are driving up the center of the drag strip as the black areas are covered in rubber from the drag racers, and it is super slick when wet. By the end of the session the track had dried enough I did a 2:07 lap, which I'm proud of. I picked these laps to post because chasing cars makes for a more interesting video.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Looks fun
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #3
MassNerd
Second Lieutenant
United_States