THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications New rear bumper for a 228

06-26-2021, 06:27 PM   #1
Alorel1301
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

New rear bumper for a 228

So I was rear ended a while ago. Slow speed with very minimal scratches and that accent trim piece that goes across the rear was pretty banged up. I took my insurance check and used to help survive COVID but the ugliness of the rear is getting to me.

Anyways, I wanted to try and do the m sport conversion and for the dual 235 exhaust even before this had happened. I just don't know where to start. I see off brands covers without the diffuser or bumpers pulled off wrecks. I'm just not entirely sure what goes into getting anything other than a bumper that came off the same car. I planned to do most of it myself with the exception of the muffler work.

Does anyone have any insight whose maybe done this? Perhaps some places they had a decent time sourcing parts? Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 02:42 AM   #2
Matt-erhorn
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

Did this to my 228i using a OEM rear bumper from an M235i that was bought on eBay from a wrecked car and then repainted to match my car. "Diffuser" came included but had no issues bolting right up. Didn't necessitate any bracket changes or anything like that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 12:57 AM   #3
richardddd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-erhorn View Post
Did this to my 228i using a OEM rear bumper from an M235i that was bought on eBay from a wrecked car and then repainted to match my car. "Diffuser" came included but had no issues bolting right up. Didn't necessitate any bracket changes or anything like that.
I'm thinking about doing this also. Do you know if I could use a bumper with park assist when my car doesn't have park assist? Are you currently using the M performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 01:30 AM   #4
Matt-erhorn
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i

Shouldn't be an issue fitment wise. However for obvious reasons you'd want your body shop to fill those holes where the sensors would go. Or purchase sensors to fill the holes even if they aren't hooked up to anything. And yes I am using the M performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #5
richardddd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-erhorn View Post
Shouldn't be an issue fitment wise. However for obvious reasons you'd want your body shop to fill those holes where the sensors would go. Or purchase sensors to fill the holes even if they aren't hooked up to anything. And yes I am using the M performance exhaust.
Thanks. I really appreciate the response. Every time I ask a seller on eBay if it's compatible they always say no, but I was skeptical of their answer lol.
Appreciate 0