THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Desperate for help! N20 driving me nuts

08-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
Kamilnieradka
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i

Desperate for help! N20 driving me nuts

Hello so I have 220i with n20 engine in it.

At first it developed a misfire fault and computer said misfire and injector 1 shut off so like anyone would I changed plugs and coils then injectors nothing happened (injectors been coded)
Then it was time to get it to the garage, they done compression test and found that cylinder 1 has zero compression so they took the whole engine apart replaced all 4 pistons as piston ring and chunk of piston went they checked the whole engine for any faults with it everything was all good.

Now when engine is all in when trying to start it it won’t idle and it takes long time to turn on.

He has changed timing chain as it’s done 55k the checked for timing 3 times changed vvt which is vanos solenoids still nothing.

Now he has opened a car with bmw puma and they suggested to replace ecu to see if will fix it

But just asking for help from others of what to look at potentially, I was thinking to look at maf sensor as I got oiled induction kit on that might of damaged it?

Anyone got any ideas what’s going on? As on now it’s coming up to 5k for the repairs and I don’t even wanna know how much ecu is gonna be! 😫

Name:  0A764CA8-6F76-42DF-8A94-8C178BD9DFD9.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  262.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
Kamilnieradka
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i

Just update for everyone if they’re having same issues as me.

Garage took out ecu and plugged another one in and started first time and then put back my ecu and it started first time, it just needed to reboot itself most likely ever since then it’s fine
Appreciate 0