THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - California Mod-Friendly Dealership?

06-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Mod-Friendly Dealership?

2017 M240i RWD auto.

Have a catless downpipe, MHD stage 2, turbo blanket. Just put in new NGK spark plugs x6 with the gap reduced to 0.22, and swapped out the transmission filter and fluid. 42k miles.

While the car was up on the lift, I noticed that the rear diff was leaking. Looks like the dealer might've attempted to seal it before and did a not-so-great job, hence the leak.

Is there any dealership that is more prone to not care about mods? I doubt the stuff I've done so far directly impacts the diff, but I'm sure BMWNA could justify it to deny the warranty claim if they really wanted to.

I'm hoping the dealer can just re-seal it properly under warranty (currently have extended CPO warranty, unlimited miles until June 2022) and then I'd swap the fluid they put it with Redline once again.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

You might have a chance at Irvine BMW. Another forum member here with stage 2, upgraded turbo, transmission tune and a whole other goodies took his car in for transmission fluid leak and it was taken care of under warranty.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...7#post27720277
Appreciate 1