THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Alcantara Interior Piece

04-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #45
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Alcantara the dash...? I'm thinking about changing the look of the crappy dash... and go full leather or full alcantara.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 01:35 AM   #46
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
Alcantara the dash...? I'm thinking about changing the look of the crappy dash... and go full leather or full alcantara.
I actually quite like the dash...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #47
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Here is a pic that shows how the parts all work together.

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 03:30 AM   #48
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasko
Here is a pic that shows how the parts all work together.

Looks good! But yea I'm not a fan of the dash... Or seats... Both very cheap!

BUT think dash is going to be expensive... If I do dash I have to do the surroundings of sat Nav/aircon and side door...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #49
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

BUT think dash is going to be expensive... If I do dash I have to do the surroundings of sat Nav/aircon and side door...
Agree with you on the seats, never been a fan of them. I preferred the ones I had in my Audi S3.

Dash will be a PITA because to do a proper job you will need to remove it. If you do decide to do it remember to post pics
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #50
den525
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasko
Quote:

Agree with you on the seats, never been a fan of them. I preferred the ones I had in my Audi S3.

Dash will be a PITA because to do a proper job you will need to remove it. If you do decide to do it remember to post pics
Well yes Audi have much better seats because even the a3 you can option Nappa leather. BMW should learn from that. I'm sure plenty of customers would be willing to pay extra for extended leather dash and nice leather seats.

As for the upholstery, spoke with someone who did the Nappa leather upgrade, cost $2-3k but guy who did it said he's can't guarantee the dash, so he didn't do it
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #51
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasko View Post
Must of went to a different website. Which alcantara pannel better match our 2 series alcantara? Thank you brother!
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 03:35 AM   #52
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Well yes Audi have much better seats because even the a3 you can option Nappa leather. BMW should learn from that. I'm sure plenty of customers would be willing to pay extra for extended leather dash and nice leather seats.

As for the upholstery, spoke with someone who did the Nappa leather upgrade, cost $2-3k but guy who did it said he's can't guarantee the dash, so he didn't do it
Agree, I had the Nappa seats and despite a few people mentioning that because it's a softer leather it will wear quicker I never had a problem. I also preferred the seat design to what we have in the 2 series.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 03:39 AM   #53
Wasko
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LegitM235i View Post
Must of went to a different website. Which alcantara pannel better match our 2 series alcantara? Thank you brother!
I am pretty sure the M Performance OEM parts use the black Alcantara in the 2 series. I went with Charcoal because I liked the look of it on the GTS.

I guess it depends on what interior you have and personal preference as well. I used Charcoal so you can see what that looks like in my pics, just check pics from anyone who has installed the M Performance interior kit to see what the black looks like. Let us know which way you go!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 08:11 AM   #54
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Thanks for the info! I already have some Alacantara from my MP ebrake and SSK. I like the charcoal better myself and it gives it a contrast IMO. I'll keep you guys posted as I start the planning stage of this project. Thx again!
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 0