THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

07-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #969
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

^^^^^ good advice!

On that note had an awesome leg day. I stick to the basics leg presses, hack squats, squats, leg extensions, hamstring curls and standing calves with my final with lunges. Anyone use the bitch machine where the girls use that open and close their legs and my imagination just goes south?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #970
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
^^^^^ good advice!

On that note had an awesome leg day. I stick to the basics leg presses, hack squats, squats, leg extensions, hamstring curls and standing calves with my final with lunges. Anyone use the bitch machine where the girls use that open and close their legs and my imagination just goes south?
Yes I use it to warm up hips every leg day and havent had hip pain when squat since.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #971
Pauldunlop13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
^^^^^ good advice!

I used to call that machine “Spread ems”

2016 228Xi - 2017-2018
2003 Acura RSX Type S 2003-2017
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #972
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldunlop13 View Post
I used to call that machine “Spread ems”

It's good girl, bad girl bro
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2019, 03:14 PM   #973
Pauldunlop13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
It's good girl, bad girl bro
Hah
2016 228Xi - 2017-2018
2003 Acura RSX Type S 2003-2017
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #974
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Rookie
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #975
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
^^^^^ good advice!

Yep....we got two of them. One for abductors, one for adductors. It's actually a great set of exercises that develop the parts of the legs that enhance the appearance of quad width, and helpful in keeping everything healthy like doing shoulder pronation work!
      07-24-2019, 11:25 PM   #976
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Elaborate on "don't have time to eat". I understand the long work hours, but can't you eat throughout the day? Get a large cooler, prep some meals for the entire day. Whatever day you're off you can make your meals shouldnt take long. I made 12 meals (bbq chicken w/ pineapple and Italian chicken both with rice and broccoli) in an hour flat including packing them up and clean up. Supplement high protein snacks in between.

Not against the mass gainer, but theyre big time over priced and usually filled with random shit. Better to get your calories through conventional means in my opinion.
I meal prep dinners. I'm a Resident so don't even have time to take a piss. Between patients, rounds, procedures, more rounds, etc. I'm not joking when I say I don't have time. Many days we aren't even given a chance to grab lunch.

Thankfully this is temporary, I'll still be working like mad but will be able to eat during the day.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-24-2019, 11:40 PM   #977
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

what kind of music are you guys working out to? for me it's a mix of Trap Music/EDM and Old Skool rap! my buddy works out to Metal. I listened to it one time and it makes me wanna slam the Olympic bar on somebody's head! I will say one time in the locker room this one guy had his headphones on and he didn't realize it was loud we can hear it. he was jamming to Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" he was a pretty big dude so I thought that chit was funny
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:56 PM   #978
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Same trap, rap, sometimes just shuffle random stuff if it's not big workout
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 12:46 AM   #979
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I will tell you what I tell everyone. When people want to gain or lose weight, they always overestimate what they are taking in. I have had people tell me they can't drop weight and are barely eating. I have them keep a log for just two weeks, and they see how much they are really overeating.

Same thing goes for gaining weight. I've had people tell me they can't gain for any reason, and they are eating 3K-4K calories a day. I ask for the same two week log and most are barely eating 2500.

As for it being quality weight. You have to know what your body is burning. Start keeping that log. If you haven't gained or lost in that two week time frame, take and find your daily average. Then you just add enough calories to spark some growth. Even as little as 200 calories a day extra can work.

With me.....3600-3700 calories a day is my homeostasis point. I stay the same weight. If I want to gain, I add 200-300 calories per day and watch the scale and adjust if needed.

Same with dieting, I drop 200 calories a day and "ride" it until progress stops and then drop another 200 calories per day.

Right now I am coming up on the last 12 days of my diet for the beach. This week I made my final drop to 3K calories per day. Since I started, I'm down 13-14 lbs.

But to end a long post...if you are trying to gain...take in some calorie dense foods. 150 grams of rice is close to 460 calories. One of my meals is 400 grams of chicken, 150 grams of Jasmine Rice, and 100 grams of broccoli done in a "stir-fry" style. That's around 900 calories in that one meal alone.

Takes me maybe 30 minutes to prep and cook it. But do as JP10 stated and cook a lot at one time on an off day, then portion the food out and eat it throughout the day.

It's not easy or fun unless you are demented like some of us, but we do what we have to do!
Solid advice man thanks.

I should start keeping a log. I basically reversed my cutting diet and added a few items to my diet. Maybe all that did was bring me up to maintenance.

The thing is that even if there was a ton of time to meal prep (I already prep dinners with different flavors of chicken, rice, and veggies), it's just hard to eat a ton during the day. It becomes a chore, which is why I'm looking into mass gainers.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-25-2019, 05:24 AM   #980
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I meal prep dinners. I'm a Resident so don't even have time to take a piss. Between patients, rounds, procedures, more rounds, etc. I'm not joking when I say I don't have time. Many days we aren't even given a chance to grab lunch.

Thankfully this is temporary, I'll still be working like mad but will be able to eat during the day.
Well I will say that your situation is unique. Also I am assuming you are young...and that also plays a role in things. I could eat non-stop in my 20's and early 30's and hardly gain anything. Add in the fact that you are on your feet all day, and your metabolism is in overdrive.

In my humble opinion, I would just focus on maintaining current weight, and get as much cardio in as you can for health purposes. In other words, let's see how lean you can get without changing your diet...let the exercise dictate it.

If you are doing all of the above, I honestly don't think it's worth it to try and add weight as you will get frustrated and then start eating stuff that could partition the wrong way. Get lean and muscular....hold it for as long as you can until you are in a better spot to start gaining, and by holding it for an extended period of time it will make any surplus of food partition more towards muscle as your insulin sensitivity will be very optimized!

Weight gainers aren't all bad....just some use them as a "crutch". You don't have the luxury of getting in enough solid meals, so I think they would be okay for you. Just look for something that has complex carbs, a good source of mixed proteins, some healthy fats, and as low a sugar content as you can find.

I would recommend Muscle Feast Ultimate Weight Gainer - Grass Fed Hormone Free Whey. $50 for 7 lbs of great product. I use their products exclusively.

High protein to carb weight gainer

46 grams of protein from grass fed hormone free whey isolate & micellar casein

101 grams of carbs from waxy maize & maltodextrin

600 calories per serving

Low sugar & fat

Gluten & lactose-free

Mixes well in water or milk
      07-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #981
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
what kind of music are you guys working out to? for me it's a mix of Trap Music/EDM and Old Skool rap! my buddy works out to Metal. I listened to it one time and it makes me wanna slam the Olympic bar on somebody's head! I will say one time in the locker room this one guy had his headphones on and he didn't realize it was loud we can hear it. he was jamming to Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" he was a pretty big dude so I thought that chit was funny
Haha wrecking ball that's rich. I listen to newer rap/hip hop I guess you would call it. Trippie Redd, Juice WRLD, xxxtentacion, kevin gates, etc. That said a fan of all types of music. In the past I would listen to Rise Against radio on pandora and prior to that I would listen to heavier shit like Hands Like Houses, Of Mice and Men, A Day to Remember, blessthefall, silverstein (circa 2012ish so when their music was more agressive/less mainstream). Don't sleep on japanese rock either hahaha
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #982
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

46 grams of protein from grass fed hormone free whey isolate

OK, I get the hormone free, but what difference does it make what the cow eats???? There's no fat difference in the milk they give? OR is this like bee honey, where it tastes different if they are raised on clover vs orange blossoms??

Music? I here stuff they play on the speakers sometimes, but mostly just the voices in my head telling me "Just quit, you're old" "Fuck that, 2 more, you got this" "Wouldn't you rather go over to the bar next door?" "GoooooDDDDD, look at the ass on that, oh shits, it's a dude! Well, he still has a nice ass"
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #983
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

OK, I get the hormone free, but what difference does it make what the cow eats???? There's no fat difference in the milk they give? OR is this like bee honey, where it tastes different if they are raised on clover vs orange blossoms??

Music? I here stuff they play on the speakers sometimes, but mostly just the voices in my head telling me "Just quit, you're old" "Fuck that, 2 more, you got this" "Wouldn't you rather go over to the bar next door?" "GoooooDDDDD, look at the ass on that, oh shits, it's a dude! Well, he still has a nice ass"
So we know your favorite eye candy!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #984
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Been following the 5,000 calorie diet for bulking the past 2 weeks. Mostly chicken, rice, oats, greens, milk, and whey protein. Up 9lbs. It's hard for me to gain weight so this is surprising

Last edited by Shiza; 07-25-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #985
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah 5k will do that. I jumped 6 lbs in couple weeks at 4k. Taking this week off counting and havent lost anything yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #986
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Finally heading home from travel today. I usually stay at a certain hotel because the gym is fairly decent (for a hotel). That said this week it has been a god damn ice box in there. Literally in the 50s, I even requested that they turn the temperature up. Have had to bust my ass to get a decent pump and it still wasn't even that great. Anyways, ready to be back in my normal gym although I leave for travel again on Tuesday....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #987
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Most of the time.....people that are Lactose Sensitive tolerate this better for some reason. I can honestly tell a difference.
      07-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #988
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

My massive calves
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      07-27-2019, 10:53 PM   #989
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

interested in what my fellow gym rats drive for BMW's...here's Black Candy 535i
Appreciate 1
Shiza1193.00
      07-28-2019, 12:39 AM   #990
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So another night of waking up early. Heading out the door in a few to get in my cardio, shoulders, arms,.......and maybe some ab-work in!

If I'm up, might as well be productive!