THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Acceleration

03-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #23
gnjlee
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, Jeep Wrangler JKUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
It's called Napoleon Complex. They're trying to compensate for what they lack for in height and/or endowment lol You also forgot to mention the confederate flag posted on the tailgate too haha
Bro-Trucks. Lifted and outfitted with huge tires far beyond the point of utility and/or safety. It is all about the look and intimidation. Absolutely about control. These guys lose their sh*t when I have to pass them on the right (effortlessly) because they won't get out of the left lane. I wouldn't bother racing them with a bmr as it isn't becoming and most of them just fly into a rage when they lose anyway. Here in NM, these dudes will drive slow in the left lane, camping out there, having a break, until you are forced to pass on the right, then they floor it (rolling coal while they are at it) to try to keep you behind them. When you pass in spite of their best douchey efforts, they flip you off.... Every time.

Last edited by gnjlee; 03-14-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #24
gnjlee
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i, Jeep Wrangler JKUR

And to the OP: I tend to go with faster traffic but use the left lane for passing as opposed to driving over the speed limit and camping out. Just about anything on the road can get to 100 and pass folks on the left. It isn't a biggie for me to be passed by an old camry or an RS3 on the left. It doesn't hurt me or my ego and I keep my ticket count down so I can hit the twisties more worry free....
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:31 PM   #25
F22_Matt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i

Technically you're not supposed to pass another vehicle on the right. You shouldn't have been in the left lane to begin with, but the appropriate thing to do would have been to move to the right to allow the other driver to pass. Then stay there.
Appreciate 1