THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Stainless Steel Pedals

01-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

Stainless Steel Pedals

Looking for feedback from anyone who has them. Looks like they would be nice with the stainless dead pedal the car comes with. I don't spend a lot of time looking at my pedals, though.

They're $290 on the configurator if I order them on the car, $165 if I buy them from the BMW accessories site. Anyone know if they're the same?

For those of you who have them: Installation difficulty, or just remove the rubber pedal covers and slip the new ones on? Do you like them, or do you not even notice them anymore?

On one hand, they could be considered frivolous bling, but then again, why not!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Looking for feedback from anyone who has them.

I haven't used or installed aftermarket pedals. I did buy a set of Sullivan Racing Products pedals for another car, but I sold the car before I installed the set.

This is Sullivan's 2 series pedal set: https://www.srpracing.com/pd-1.cfm.

These are the various surface finishes Sullivan offers: https://www.srpracing.com/surface_finishes.cfm.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Get the ones from amazon that look just like the BMW pedals and they just slip on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
bryan_G011164.50
zentanker205.00
      01-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
meloHYPE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Convertible / SOM

Garage List
I have them and like them, but they came on the car that I bought off a lot. I don’t think I’d order them. What interior trim and seats are you getting? I have the black leather and silver aluminum trim, and the pedals look good with the trim since they both have the silver accent. However, I would have preferred a different trim.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #5
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Looking for feedback from anyone who has them. Looks like they would be nice with the stainless dead pedal the car comes with. I don't spend a lot of time looking at my pedals, though.

They're $290 on the configurator if I order them on the car, $165 if I buy them from the BMW accessories site. Anyone know if they're the same?

For those of you who have them: Installation difficulty, or just remove the rubber pedal covers and slip the new ones on? Do you like them, or do you not even notice them anymore?

They're the same part, BMW just charges you more to have it installed it at the port, before delivery.

It is a bitch to install; I broke like 3 titanium drill bits trying to penetrate the clutch and brake pedals, the gas was plastic, so that was pretty easy..

If I had to do it again, I would pay the dealer the extra money to install that one particular mod at the port..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #6
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloHYPE View Post
I have them and like them, but they came on the car that I bought off a lot. I don’t think I’d order them. What interior trim and seats are you getting? I have the black leather and silver aluminum trim, and the pedals look good with the trim since they both have the silver accent. However, I would have preferred a different trim.
Estoril blue, oyster leather, aluminum with estoril trim.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They're the same part, BMW just charges you more to have it installed it at the port, before delivery.

It is a bitch to install; I broke like 3 titanium drill bits trying to penetrate the clutch and brake pedals, the gas was plastic, so that was pretty easy..

If I had to do it again, I would pay the dealer the extra money to install that one particular mod at the port..
Wow, thanks! That was very helpful. I don't mind doing my own work, but drilling through a brake pedal on my brand new car doesn't sound fun, especially given the contortions you would have to do to get to it. I do like the idea that the screws are functional and they're not just a slip on
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #8
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
Get the ones from amazon that look just like the BMW pedals and they just slip on.

I ordered them by mistake but they fitted like a glove in less than 5 mins.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 11:41 PM   #9
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post

Wow, thanks! That was very helpful. I don't mind doing my own work, but drilling through a brake pedal on my brand new car doesn't sound fun, especially given the contortions you would have to do to get to it. I do like the idea that the screws are functional and they're not just a slip on
Drilling the pedals isn't a big deal. They are literally flat metal plates with rubber covers. Even if you drilled them like Swiss cheese, the pedal cover would cover it up. There's no chance of damaging anything like wires because there's literally nothing attached or near them. And if you decide to remove the pedal covers, the OEM rubber cover would totally hide everything and you wouldn't be able to tell that any modification was done.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:38 AM   #10
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

got the ebay ones for $35 aud ($20ish USD) delivered. No complaints and much easier an installation than the genuine ones. These are some of my pet peeves about BMW; having to irreversibly modify your car just to have some pedals fitted on? They need to relook at their m performance design team. I got the genuine CF mirror caps and gosh they made the installation so complicated with bolts, washers and screws I decided to just leave my aftermarket wing ones be until they discolour.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 06:32 AM   #11
vinnypuchik
Rep
Drives: m240i xDrive

Definitely a bitch to install and not to mention drilling through your brand new car is nerve racking
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
Kevinduma
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
I bought these and its worth every single dollar. You would never guess they weren't OEM.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #13
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
got the ebay ones for $35 aud ($20ish USD) delivered. No complaints and much easier an installation than the genuine ones. These are some of my pet peeves about BMW; having to irreversibly modify your car just to have some pedals fitted on? They need to relook at their m performance design team. I got the genuine CF mirror caps and gosh they made the installation so complicated with bolts, washers and screws I decided to just leave my aftermarket wing ones be until they discolour.
What are you talking about? Every single manufacturer has the same pedal set-up where it's just a metal plate pedal and drilling for real pedal covers are required. I've never once seen a car that had a removable OEM pedal that's replaced with a plug and play unit. It just doesn't exist.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      01-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #14
tennisfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

I have the genuine ones.

Drilling was a PITA but I am completely satisfied.

Seeing the Amazon ones now I am kinda wishing I had went that route and save the $$!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #15
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

I have the no-drill slip on ones from Amazon. They fit like a glove, have no concerns about them ever coming off, and is completely reversible. There are some accessories where OEM vs. knock off makes a big difference (e.g. carbon fiber trim) but the SS pedals are not one of them. Don't waste your money/effort with the drilled ones.
Appreciate 1
zentanker205.00
      01-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #16
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Yup I have the Amazon ones too. I live in the Northeast and drive my car through the winter. I also track a lot of mud, sand, salt and grit in with construction boots. I've had these for 3 years and they are still holding up very well.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #17
skeeedunt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Ordered mine with the car (which is still en route).

Any feedback on how the clutch pedal feel is with them? I was a bit worried they would be too slippy, but there seems to be a good chuck of protruding rubber on them.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #18
harma24
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Glacier Silver

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Am I the only one who doesn't care what the gas pedal looks like? It's not like I can see it; it spends the majority of it's time under the sole of my shoe!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #19
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
What are you talking about? Every single manufacturer has the same pedal set-up where it's just a metal plate pedal and drilling for real pedal covers are required. I've never once seen a car that had a removable OEM pedal that's replaced with a plug and play unit. It just doesn't exist.
yea great, just because everyone else does it and it's been done for ages means we should keep doing it? Death to innovation and more power to the dealerships so we can spend incessant amounts of money to get it 'professionally' installed. Plug and play should be the norm for simple superficial upgrades such as pedal and trim. For the most part the latter was easy to do all on my own, unless it's a safety measure, which I doubt it is, keep it simple.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
yea great, just because everyone else does it and it's been done for ages means we should keep doing it? Death to innovation and more power to the dealerships so we can spend incessant amounts of money to get it 'professionally' installed. Plug and play should be the norm for simple superficial upgrades such as pedal and trim. For the most part the latter was easy to do all on my own, unless it's a safety measure, which I doubt it is, keep it simple.
I think it probably does boil down to being a safety issue. The pedals are made of a one-piece solid metal so there's not chance of breakage or failure on the actual pedal itself. Of course if manufactures made it a bolt-on bolt-off part, there would be instances where some idiot removed the OEM and replaced with some cheap Chinese knock off and the pedal breaks during operation. No brake pedal while driving?! Haha so, I think the pedal designs will remain the same for an eternity, or until all of our cars drive us themselves haha
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:28 AM   #21
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinduma View Post
I bought these and its worth every single dollar. You would never guess they weren't OEM.
Those look pretty darn good for the $. How do they feel? Just as secure as the factory rubber pedal covers?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #22
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harma24 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't care what the gas pedal looks like? It's not like I can see it; it spends the majority of it's time under the sole of my shoe!
Yea, I really can't poke any holes in your position. That's part of my internal debate. I probably wouldn't mod an existing car to add them, but since it's going to be brand new, I'll probably pull the trigger on either fitting the BMW accessory pedals or saving $ and potential headache with the aftermarket.
Appreciate 0