THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Anti Trap Error

02-11-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
boostpak
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Anti Trap Error

BMW 2010 Coupe:
Got the window Anti-trap error and my passenger window now won't work at all. Luckily it was fully up at the time it stopped.
The window module works, there's power to all the plugs for the window as I checked them, bought a new regulator with motor, that didn't work. Tried disconnecting the battery, holding the key down, tried holding the window button down and up for periods to reset. Also cleared all the errors (no anti trap error showed up).

Nothing has worked? Anyone had this before and managed to get the window working again??? It wont move at all

I can hear the click down by my left foot inside the OBD door when pressing the window, but no movement. I noticed that my passenger mirror doesn't move either.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Firstly, wrong forum. This is for the 2 series

Secondly, do you have any diagnostic tools that can read errors?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
boostpak
Private
Rep

I know that, just looking for some help from anyone with great BMW knowledge or knowledge of electronics or anti trap error knowledge. Any help is great, this is a community
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #4
boostpak
Private
Rep

Yes I have put the scanner on it, and no error shows up so that I can clear it. Odd.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 02:37 AM   #5
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
First of all I did t mean to offend or discriminate you in anyway, if my post came out like that I’m terribly sorry, please except my apologies

My suspicion is the FRM module, I just re read the entire first post and all the things you mentioned passed through this module. When this module acts up various unexplained electronic errors like yours appear (ie. electronic gremlins). For some reason they are not reliable back then, Mini’s are notorious for their failure. Just connecting it to the BMW’s diagnostic software can kaput the entire module. Lots of models from back then has this issue, as said previously R56 Mini’s and E60 BMW’s are famous for it, most services or dealers refuse even resetting the service indicator through OBD port thus the FRM and instead use the hidden menu on the KOMBI. Good news is they are repairable, not officially but outside, you need to find a reputable shop for this as it is a very delicate component and you don’t want people messing with it. Also you can get a new part from BMW, don’t use junkyard parts though as the component is locked to each cars VIN and can cause a lot of headaches. Take offers both from BMW and the repair shop, compare the quotes given to you, if they are close get a new one, if price is off the roof get it repaired. As getting a new one requires coding done to it at the dealer so both parts plus labor as the price.
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

What component go bad?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 10:46 PM   #7
boostpak
Private
Rep

I unplugged the mirror and then tried the window and still nothing. The window did not move at all. Held it down and anti trap comes on as per usual. Could it be a Footwell module issue? Would I need the footwell module looked at and repaired or something?? Any other ideas??
Appreciate 0