THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack TPMS question

11-19-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Rocky58
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m240xi

TPMS question

Just had a set of winter wheels and tires installed with TPMS sensors at Discount Tire. After I drove off, the reset procedure went through fine and no warning light ever came on. However, all four tires on the iDrive display show green but no pressure or temperature readings like one normally sees. I called and asked the guy at DT and he said the sensors should work and he was not aware of needing special sensors for this model. They are the right frequency. He said to bring it back and if needed, he would call BMW and get different sensors. My question is, is that worth doing? It would require taking off the tires, etc. Will the TPMS warning work properly? Do you think it will show individual tires if one is low so that I know which one is setting off the warning? I am not that concerned about knowing the pressure by iDrive. I would check with a gauge anyway if one tire needed more air.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #2
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

That's weird. I could see possibly not getting temp displays if the TPMS sensor didn't have that feature, but the actual pressure HAS to be sent. And, if the display is showing green tires, it must be getting pressure data.

Whether or not pressures are shown is part of the iDrive system settings. In my 2014 I had to code the display on with Bimmercode. Later models might have the ability to change that in iDrive. Maybe the pressure and temp display got reset to 'no display' somehow?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
Rocky58
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m240xi

I put in more air after the temperatures dropped and drove around to reset it and voila! all temps and pressures are now showing. I guess it just needed to reset.
Appreciate 0