THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics EuroStyleTuning Display install in 2015 235

10-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #1
flybywire
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330xi, 2015 F22 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [8.50]
EuroStyleTuning Display install in 2015 235

I purchased and installed the "BMW 1 & 2 Series Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto Touch Screen Multimedia Display Upgrade NBT F20 F21 F22 F23".

My car is a 2015 with HK audio, no nav, and the 7" display (who on earth configured a car like that!). I think it's an NBT. It has factory rear-view camera.

Here's my experience so far:

Purchased 14 Sep for $379. Arrived 29 Sep in very basic packaging. Box contained the replacement display (with embedded computer), a really complicated looking cable harness, and a couple of other cables. No paperwork at all.

On the EuroStyle web site there are two relevant installation instructions: there's a video showing disassembly of the dash on a 2-series and installation of a different unit, and then a text description of installation of the specific unit on a similar car (3-series). Between those, you have all the information you need.

Installation took about an hour, not including head-scratching time. There are really only a few things to unplug, and three connections to the new display. The specifics of connections on the head unit will be different depending on your car's year and options.

Fit is excellent and the whole thing looks like it belongs in the car.

OK, I know you want to know if CarPlay works ... and it does! I have wireless CarPlay with touch screen control. Apple Music works, although I haven't done any serious listening yet to compare to previous methods.

There are some weird mode transitions when you use the car's media buttons or switch the backup camera on and off. Bottom line is the default reversing display is useless - it appears set up for 3rd party cameras - but if you push the backup cam button by the shift lever you get the original backup display. If you push the menu button you get the original car menu (kind of squished into the left half of the screen, but it's all there). Then you can touch a not-very-obvious icon on the touchscreen and get back to the unit's home screen, and select CarPlay or pass-through. Probably going to be fine once I'm used to it.

Pretty happy so far!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-02-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
marksandygill
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 320d xDrive F22 M240i

I'm tempted to get something similar, my wife has a wired one but it was never coded, so in idrive it only uses part of the screen which is annoying!!
      10-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #3
flybywire
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 330xi, 2015 F22 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksandygill View Post
I'm tempted to get something similar, my wife has a wired one but it was never coded, so in idrive it only uses part of the screen which is annoying!!
Yeah, it's a bit weird (pic attached for reference). I expect I'll leave it on the CarPlay screen most of the time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 08:39 PM   #4
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

I installed the same unit from EST in my 2016. You can get full screen display for the original i-drive screen, and when you get it properly set up the menu button will toggle between the two. You can also set it to recognize your factory camera. I don't recall how, but if you go to EST's website and use the chat feature, they will walk you through the settings. That's how I got it all configured. My only complaint with the system is that the screen has more sun glare than the factory screen, which is only a factor if you have a rag top like me. If you have a coupe I doubt you'd ever notice this.
Appreciate 0