THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Dashcam cable woes

09-30-2023, 11:19 AM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

Dashcam cable woes

I bought the official thinkware cable (hardwire one) and was going to install, but I suddenly thought I should test it. So I continuity tested from the cables to the plug

The ground wire shows continuity to the shank (1), the battery wire (red) showed continuity to (3) but the ACC wire showed no continuity to anything, I got a bleep every now and again on (2) regardless of how I moved the wire or plug.

NO shorts, so I connected it up to a battery charger, earth and first the red and then the yellow, dashcam wouldt start. (I put the old cigar lighter cable, started up)

I actually wanted the acc only function. I read somewhere that you may need to short the red and yello to start up a dashcam if your using the ACC only function.

But I didnt wanna, blow my working dashcam

I think the cable is faulty, but I never used it for like 6 months, so doubt thinkware will help

Just ease my mind, how I'm testing is right (I bypassed the fuses on the wire and went stright on the cable
Attached Images

Appreciate 0