THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics 230i sound system suddenly not working

08-17-2023, 10:41 PM   #1
kaydotem
Kelly
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 230i

230i sound system suddenly not working

Tonight when I went to drive my car, my sound system was not working at all. I tried all media options (Bluetooth, usb, and FM/AM). Then realized the gong sound wasn’t going off for my lack of seatbelt and parking sensor wasn’t going off when backing up into my drive way.

I restarted the car, checked the fuses and even reset the fuses. No fix. Any other things I should do/check? Can’t get into dealer until next Wednesday.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I typically drive my car everyday, however, last time I drove it this wk was Sunday, with no issues. Car has 34k miles currently.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 08:10 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Take it to the dealer as it's still in warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 10:21 AM   #3
kaydotem
Kelly
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 230i

My appointments next Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 05:11 AM   #4
MichaelDavis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

It sounds like you're experiencing some electrical issues with your car's sound system, seatbelt warning, and parking sensor. Here are some additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem before your dealer appointment:

Check Battery: Low or failing batteries can sometimes cause electrical issues. Make sure your car's battery is in good condition. If it's weak, consider charging or replacing it.

Check Wiring and Connections: Inspect the wiring and connections related to the sound system, seatbelt sensor, and parking sensor. Loose or damaged wiring or connectors can lead to issues like this.

Check Vehicle Settings: Review your car's settings menu or infotainment system to ensure that there are no accidental changes or settings that might have been adjusted.

OBD-II Scanner: If you have access to an OBD-II scanner, you can plug it into your car's diagnostic port to check for any error codes or fault messages related to these systems. The scanner may provide more specific information about the issue.

Disconnect and Reconnect Battery: Disconnect the car's battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it. This can sometimes reset the car's electronics and resolve minor issues.

Owner's Manual: Consult your car's owner's manual for troubleshooting tips and information about the specific systems that are malfunctioning. It may provide guidance on how to address common issues.

Warranty: Since your car has relatively low mileage and seems to be experiencing electrical issues, check if it's still under warranty. If it is, the dealer may cover the repair costs. geometry dash breeze

Professional Diagnosis: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's best to wait for your dealer appointment next Wednesday. They have the expertise and diagnostic tools to pinpoint the problem accurately.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 04:29 PM   #5
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

My issue was with the FOB and the TPMS. Turned out to be mouse chew on a power harness. Not under warranty$$$. Hope yours is something else.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2023, 08:36 PM   #6
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDavis View Post
It sounds like you're experiencing some electrical issues with your car's sound system, seatbelt warning, and parking sensor. Here are some additional steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem before your dealer appointment:

Check Battery: Low or failing batteries can sometimes cause electrical issues. Make sure your car's battery is in good condition. If it's weak, consider charging or replacing it.

Check Wiring and Connections: Inspect the wiring and connections related to the sound system, seatbelt sensor, and parking sensor. Loose or damaged wiring or connectors can lead to issues like this.

Check Vehicle Settings: Review your car's settings menu or infotainment system to ensure that there are no accidental changes or settings that might have been adjusted.

OBD-II Scanner: If you have access to an OBD-II scanner, you can plug it into your car's diagnostic port to check for any error codes or fault messages related to these systems. The scanner may provide more specific information about the issue.

Disconnect and Reconnect Battery: Disconnect the car's battery for a few minutes and then reconnect it. This can sometimes reset the car's electronics and resolve minor issues.

Owner's Manual: Consult your car's owner's manual for troubleshooting tips and information about the specific systems that are malfunctioning. It may provide guidance on how to address common issues.

Warranty: Since your car has relatively low mileage and seems to be experiencing electrical issues, check if it's still under warranty. If it is, the dealer may cover the repair costs. geometry dash breeze

Professional Diagnosis: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's best to wait for your dealer appointment next Wednesday. They have the expertise and diagnostic tools to pinpoint the problem accurately.
ChatGPT has nothing on you.
Appreciate 1
jzeiler4320.00