THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Is there another Car that checks the boxes

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2024, 06:20 AM   #23
Mr. Bill
Private
27
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 19 M240i, 19 X7, 22 X7, 22 C8
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristo View Post
Four years ago, my wife listed the boxes:
4-seater, back seat doesnít need to be huge
Convertible
Manual transmission
Enough trunk space to take on vacation

Her 2020 M240i fit the bill perfectly
with virtually no other new car options.

Now there is nothing on the market
that fits the bill.
You can still get a 911 Cabriolet in manual, although the frunk space is probably more limited than the M240i. But it will cost you a bit more. I had considered a 911 4S as a replacement to my M240i, but thereís nowhere to put a spare tire for my long trips and after having owned a Boxster S for a few years, I canít justify the Porsche premium for a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:28 AM   #24
Nickies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
103
Rep
273
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M240I
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Sequim, Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
You can still get a 911 Cabriolet in manual, although the frunk space is probably more limited than the M240i. But it will cost you a bit more. I had considered a 911 4S as a replacement to my M240i, but thereís nowhere to put a spare tire for my long trips and after having owned a Boxster S for a few years, I canít justify the Porsche premium for a daily driver.
There is also another nice Coupe on the market but not really in the 2 Series performance caliber. It has a decent trunk, 4 seats but an anemic engine. The Subaru BRZ.
__________________
2019 M240i, Melbourne Red, Black Interior. 3M Tint, Premium Package, Harman Kardon, Adaptive LED Head Lights, M Performance Exhaust and Diffuser, Chrome Exhaust Tips, 719M Bi Color Wheels, Black Kidney Grille, Burger Tuning JB+.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 11:09 AM   #25
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickies View Post
There is also another nice Coupe on the market but not really in the 2 Series performance caliber. It has a decent trunk, 4 seats but an anemic engine. The Subaru BRZ.
Maybe, if Subaru ever decides to sell a WRX version with the turbo flat-4...I still prefer the styling of the 2 series tho
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:02 PM   #26
leftoverture
Captain
leftoverture's Avatar
United_States
436
Rep
614
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 228i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

The BRZ is closer to the Miata in that it is mostly about usable street performance. If you live where there are a lot of tight twisties, it would be really good fun without having to risk getting arrested for triple digit speeds. There is something to be said for that.
Appreciate 1
F22Cam61.00
      04-11-2024, 02:54 PM   #27
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
The BRZ is closer to the Miata in that it is mostly about usable street performance. If you live where there are a lot of tight twisties, it would be really good fun without having to risk getting arrested for triple digit speeds. There is something to be said for that.
100% this.

My first Miata was an NC. I happened to be shopping at a dealership that owned both Honda and Mazda, right next door to each other. I drove both the Miata and S2000 back to back and chose Miata over S2000 exactly for this reason. S2000 had higher limits, but the NC Miata was nicer and more fun to drive on the streets IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 03:19 PM   #28
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
2910
Rep
1,780
Posts

Drives: F22 B58 6MT
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I still haven't test drove a ND Miata. Every time I see one I want one. Maybe this will be the year.

It was on my shortlist but this car came up and was harder to say no to.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 04:12 PM   #29
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
I still haven't test drove a ND Miata. Every time I see one I want one. Maybe this will be the year.

It was on my shortlist but this car came up and was harder to say no to.
I've owned buncha NA, NB, and NC miatas over the years...over a dozen, and also test drove an ND and my fav is still the original NA. My progression on Miata sorta ran backwards...started with NC, then NB, and finally settling in on NAs. I'd love to own a NA again, but I can't stomach the asking price these days (still cheap but not compared to what they were going for back then.)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 09:03 PM   #30
WolfGTI
Captain
WolfGTI's Avatar
United_States
716
Rep
912
Posts

Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
718 GT4 - luckily I found mine and didn't have to sell the M240i which is my daily.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Integrated Engineering engine mounts, Dinan CAI, AA catted DP, Remus resonated cat back.
Rogue Engineering SSK & transmission mounts, WaveTrac LSD.
Ohlins R&T coilovers, Turner monoball thrust arms, F87 LCAs, GC camber plates, Superpro subframe bushings, Megan Racing adj. RCAs, delrin differential bushings. Stoptech BBK 6 piston (f) 4 piston (r).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 10:51 PM   #31
leftoverture
Captain
leftoverture's Avatar
United_States
436
Rep
614
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 228i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKOTB2015 View Post
I've owned buncha NA, NB, and NC miatas over the years...over a dozen, and also test drove an ND and my fav is still the original NA. My progression on Miata sorta ran backwards...started with NC, then NB, and finally settling in on NAs. I'd love to own a NA again, but I can't stomach the asking price these days (still cheap but not compared to what they were going for back then.)
I had a 91 BRG (British Racing Green for the uninitiated). This was the very first special edition Miata and it still stands as the most fun car I've ever owned. I will forever miss that car. I did test drive an NC once and I agree it wasn't as fun as the NA. There was just something so perfect about the NA.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 11:18 AM   #32
NKOTB2015
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: Lexus LS460, Toyota Sequoia, B
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftoverture View Post
I had a 91 BRG (British Racing Green for the uninitiated). This was the very first special edition Miata and it still stands as the most fun car I've ever owned. I will forever miss that car. I did test drive an NC once and I agree it wasn't as fun as the NA. There was just something so perfect about the NA.
Ohhh BRG is nice...I had couple NBs in that color. Was your with tan interior with Nardi package? That would be my dream combo.

I had a 91 silverstone with a black interior (I installed katskinz) and matching hardtop with 14k miles...ended up moving out of state so had to let it go back in 2013. I saw it pop back up on Craigslist for sale couple years later but by then, it was ragged out...it was sad to see that car in that condition

NAs deft has that gocart feel that NCs lacked.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 03:43 PM   #33
leftoverture
Captain
leftoverture's Avatar
United_States
436
Rep
614
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW 228i
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKOTB2015 View Post
Ohhh BRG is nice...I had couple NBs in that color. Was your with tan interior with Nardi package? That would be my dream combo.
.
Yes, it was. I sold it back in 2019 by wish I hadn't. I believe it was BRG #1836 if I recall correctly.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST