THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum new car and new in the forum/ build bmw m240i

05-18-2018, 07:38 PM   #23
gerry25
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Congrats! We have almost the same car. I like your OEM exhaust mod, a popular mod on the e9x M3's. What CSL style wheels did you get? Have fun with it, this B58 is a little monster!
Denk
they are called CSL ,they come with the European E46 M3
the past week i installed the 19in wheels ,the car with the drop and new wheels really looks awesome.
I installed normal tires not rfts and the car still very comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:25 AM   #24
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry25 View Post
Denk
they are called CSL ,they come with the European E46 M3
the past week i installed the 19in wheels ,the car with the drop and new wheels really looks awesome.
I installed normal tires not rfts and the car still very comfortable.
your car looks amazing, a complete transformation, I am inspired by it and want to do the same

I think it looks much closer to an M2...and transforming my car this way will help restore some of my passione for the car

so my questions are
where did you find the 28896-3 H and R springs, with a 1.5 cm drop?, I only see the 28896-2 on their website which has a more aggressive 2.5 cm drop...

which specific CSL model wheel is that, what are the offsets?
what size tires did you fit?
did you use spacers?

I hope you agree that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #25
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
your car looks amazing, a complete transformation, I am inspired by it and want to do the same

I think it looks much closer to an M2...and transforming my car this way will help restore some of my passione for the car

so my questions are
where did you find the 28896-3 H and R springs, with a 1.5 cm drop?, I only see the 28896-2 on their website which has a more aggressive 2.5 cm drop...

which specific CSL model wheel is that, what are the offsets?
what size tires did you fit?
did you use spacers?

I hope you agree that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery
thanks!
i tested two deferents set of springs ,both with a drop of 15mm ,with the vogtlands, the car behaves like stock
you can buy that springs at mod bargains,and the HR are stiffer about 15% than stock, for me the HR are the perfect balance,i buyed the springs from tunershop, i have adaptive dampers*
i ordered my wheels from bmautosport uk but you can find a very similar wheels at **********s of the brand vmr model v703 and sportline model cs, the front are 8.5 et 35 and rears 9.5 et 45 center bore 72.6.
front tires 225 35 19 and rear 255 30 19

i dont have rub problems
i decided to order from the uk because im from mexico and the shipping and taxes were cheaper than if i ordered from the US, but i think is better and cheaper for you to order directly form your country.
Appreciate 1
baege1328.00
      05-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #26
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
thanks ,i read your car build and you have a monster, literally you have a race car.
how is the before and after you install the lsd?
wich cars do you catch every time you go to the track?
The LSD has always been with the car, and it works very well, in my opinion. I have driven an open diff 2 series and it's very unsettled in the rear.

I haven't had the car on track yet with the new setup, but with street tires and Dinan spring setup, along with the power mods I was able to lap and pass many stock P cars, M cars, etc (all were on street tires). I also drive the car much harder than those owners ever will, theirs, so it's a little unfair to compare with that experience alone. I do feel the car is as capable as anything else out there, it just required the right mods to give it some room to grow, as I was reaching the factory's limits very quickly. The events I'm lined up for this year, will have an intermediate level group of which I'll have a better idea of the car's capability, and my own. Should have some cool videos to share in the coming months

Have fun with your new car, Gerry!
      05-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #27
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
thanks!
i tested two deferents set of springs ,both with a drop of 15mm ,with the vogtlands, the car behaves like stock
you can buy that springs at mod bargains,and the HR are stiffer about 15% than stock, for me the HR are the perfect balance,i buyed the springs from tunershop, i have adaptive dampers*
i ordered my wheels from bmautosport uk but you can find a very similar wheels at **********s of the brand vmr model v703 and sportline model cs, the front are 8.5 et 35 and rears 9.5 et 45 center bore 72.6.
front tires 225 35 19 and rear 255 30 19

i dont have rub problems
i decided to order from the uk because im from mexico and the shipping and taxes were cheaper than if i ordered from the US, but i think is better and cheaper for you to order directly form your country.

Thanks for all the information...the mods bargains website seems to indicate the drop is 25mm for the sport springs...where are you seeing the 15mm measurement?

http://www.**********s.com/HR-Sport-...2_or_50482.htm

is your car xdrive or rwd?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #28
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
Thanks for all the information...the mods bargains website seems to indicate the drop is 25mm for the sport springs...where are you seeing the 15mm measurement?

http://www.**********s.com/HR-Sport-...2_or_50482.htm

is your car xdrive or rwd?
my car is 2wd
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #29
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
my car is 2wd
thanks, that explains it, the H and R for xdrive are a minimum 25mm drop...

too much for me
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:54 AM   #30
gerry25
Private
Rep

im in house because of this cuarintine, so i had time to update this thread.

i don't upgrade a lot my car since almost 2 years ago, i had a car accident in my beetle that almost kill me,i let my cousin drive it and we crash, im so grateful because i can walk after a broken spine , more than 14 broken bones, many surgeries and many more things.

Passed 5 months in the bed with the company of my family ,friends and help of a nurse and my therapist.
took therapy daily for more than one year,then the therapy was to go gym and swim,since i ended my therapy i do excersice dialy,
i had to learn how to walk again.
passed form wheel chair to crutches then to walking stick, the final test was to leave the stick , all this process take me more than a year.
i don't know how the time passed so fast, this was when i was 25 and im 27, sometimes i feel like my life was paused.
i learned a lot if this experience and i give thanks god for all.
This changed my form of see things and make me appreciate things that i never imagin, we are miracles and we don't note that.

As i have many metal things in my body now im half robot

today i will upload a couple of pictures of my car. i mount new wheels ,paint the calipers and made a new diffuser with the help of one of my workers, i think you will love the diffuser.
i made a mix between the m3 diffuser and ours.
It looks like auto plus diffuser but with my touches.

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #31
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:

i don't upgrade a lot my car since almost 2 years ago, i had a car accident in my beetle that almost kill me,i let my cousin drive it and we crash, im so grateful because i can walk after a broken spine , more than 14 broken bones, many surgeries and many more things.

Passed 5 months in the bed with the company of my family ,friends and help of a nurse and my therapist.
took therapy daily for more than one year,then the therapy was to go gym and swim,since i ended my therapy i do excersice dialy,
passed form wheel chair to crutches then to walking stick, the final test was to leave the stick , all this process take me more than a year.
i don't know how the time passed so fast, this was when i was 25 and im 27, sometimes i feel like my life was paused.
This changed my form of see things and make me appreciate things that i never imagin, we are miracles and we don't note that.

today i will upload a couple of pictures of my car. i mount new wheels ,paint the calipers and made a new diffuser with the help of one of my workers, i think you will love the diffuser.

Appreciate 3
PDM5150.00
      05-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #32
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Your diffuser looks very nice!

I'm glad to hear that you've survived what sounds like a terrible car accident and hope that you enjoy the fullest possible recovery.
Appreciate 1
gerry2530.50
      07-24-2020, 02:59 AM   #33
mariodiar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Good to hear you are okay and recovered. I also had a terrible car accident 10 years ago and thankfully I'm fine now.

I love your build. I'm about to get an M240i in the next couple of months. And yours is basically what I had in mind. I'm from Mexico too. If by any chance you are planning to sell it, let me know.

Also, how are the bumps and potholes treating you, the car looks really low.

Do you have any problems with scraping the bottom of the car or any issues in general? (Related to the springs)

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #34
PDM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i 6 Speed

Quote:
Quote:

The color combo between the car, wheels, and calipers looks absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to checking back in to see what else you do!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #35
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Your diffuser looks very nice!

I'm glad to hear that you've survived what sounds like a terrible car accident and hope that you enjoy the fullest possible recovery.
THANKS!

I made the diffuser inspired in the m3 and auto plus diffusers but with some touches a little more aggressive but in the limit you know, don't want a tokio drift looking car
Appreciate 2
dradernh4347.50
      07-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #36
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDM5 View Post
The color combo between the car, wheels, and calipers looks absolutely fantastic! Looking forward to checking back in to see what else you do!
Thanks!
i im testing a big brake kit in the car, only front brakes.
will post pics soon
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:17 PM   #37
gerry25
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodiar View Post
Good to hear you are okay and recovered. I also had a terrible car accident 10 years ago and thankfully I'm fine now.

I love your build. I'm about to get an M240i in the next couple of months. And yours is basically what I had in mind. I'm from Mexico too. If by any chance you are planning to sell it, let me know.

Also, how are the bumps and potholes treating you, the car looks really low.

Do you have any problems with scraping the bottom of the car or any issues in general? (Related to the springs)

Cheers!
thanks , you know how is the recover from a huge accident, this kind of things make us more humans and make me appreciate a lot of things that i didn't know how they important are.
i plan to mount a big turbo and other mods probably lsd and maybe the bilstein b6 damtronic shocks. so i don't plan to sell the car for now but thanks.

about the potholes am very familiar of how to drive with a modded car
you know .
yes it looks too low but i really don't know why this springs lowered my car more, they were supposed to low abut 12mm .
i have to drive with care always jajaja
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 11:15 AM   #38
JRamE90
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT FBO

Quote:
thanks , you know how is the recover from a huge accident, this kind of things make us more humans and make me appreciate a lot of things that i didn't know how they important are.
i plan to mount a big turbo and other mods probably lsd and maybe the bilstein b6 damtronic shocks. so i don't plan to sell the car for now but thanks.

about the potholes am very familiar of how to drive with a modded car
you know .
yes it looks too low but i really don't know why this springs lowered my car more, they were supposed to low abut 12mm .
i have to drive with care always jajaja

Increíble paisano! Hay que tener cuidado con esos súper bochos. Me da gusto que saliste caminando de ese accidente
Your diffuser is so unique ! Loving your build. I just went H&R with 19” wheels as well and if you can handle it in Mexico I think I can handle it in San Diego jaja.

Arriba los Bemes!!
Appreciate 2
MLJR235116.50
gerry2530.50