THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Does anyone's comfortable mode changes over time?

01-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
speedyroche
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Does anyone's comfortable mode changes over time?

I recently bought a 2020 m240i and have put the initial 1.5k miles on it. I really love the car so far. One odd thing happened this week is that my comfortable driving mode will not auto stop/start anymore.(The eco pro mode still does it) Not that it bothers me, but just want to see if this has happened to other people. Since the comfortable mode is not configurable, I am wondering if this means my engine has changed in someway. The comfortable mode's throttle feels more responsive as well compared to when I just got my car.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 01:34 AM   #2
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyroche View Post
I recently bought a 2020 m240i and have put the initial 1.5k miles on it. I really love the car so far. One odd thing happened this week is that my comfortable driving mode will not auto stop/start anymore.(The eco pro mode still does it) Not that it bothers me, but just want to see if this has happened to other people. Since the comfortable mode is not configurable, I am wondering if this means my engine has changed in someway. The comfortable mode's throttle feels more responsive as well compared to when I just got my car.
Few things cause this. Outside temp. Battery charge level, etc. has the temp changed drastically? If not your battery may have issues. Have that tested.
Appreciate 1
440MIA22.50
      01-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #3
speedyroche
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloelectro View Post
Few things cause this. Outside temp. Battery charge level, etc. has the temp changed drastically? If not your battery may have issues. Have that tested.
Thanks for the reply! Somehow I didn't get email notifications even though I subscribed to my thread.

Back to the problem at hand, I haven't touched the battery since the car is pretty new. As for temperature, bay area is fairly warm during the winter. The only thing I've noticed is that it has rained a lot recently and I've noticed some stinky smells once I turn on the AC. But I don't think it has anything to do with the battery, probably just some mold because of the rain.

I guess I should go to the dealership to have it checked.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
helloelectro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW m240i

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Somehow I didn't get email notifications even though I subscribed to my thread.

Back to the problem at hand, I haven't touched the battery since the car is pretty new. As for temperature, bay area is fairly warm during the winter. The only thing I've noticed is that it has rained a lot recently and I've noticed some stinky smells once I turn on the AC. But I don't think it has anything to do with the battery, probably just some mold because of the rain.

I would definitely. Might be a totally dif issue like you say but you should not smell mold.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
damianbmw12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M240xi & 2004 330Ci

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would definitely. Might be a totally dif issue like you say but you should not smell mold.
Your car will save the last used setting. If you turned it off in comfort mode it will stay off next time in comfort mode. Might be a new feature on 2020.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
Two4me
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i, X5 xDrive50i, MX-5

If you go to the setting, I think it's "Driving dynamics" (the one where it shows the engine/ready to drive/etc) it will say why the engine is running in stopped mode.
Appreciate 0