THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Sirius XM Time-shift Feature

10-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
luvsql1
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

Sirius XM Time-shift Feature

I had an old $99 SiriusXM radio in my old car that didn't have a builtin Sirius radio. It had a great feature that all of my favourites (all of them) would start to record as I drove so anytime I flipped to another station, the song would start at the beginning AND i could go back in time on any of them at any time. It also had a fantastic feature where i could flip between all my favourites and it would start at song 1 of fav 1, I click skip, it went to song 1 of fav 2 etc. It was fantastic.

In my 2020 230i, I can only time-shift on the current channel I'm already listening to and when I flip to another channel it plays where it is and not at the beginning. Why would I want to relisten to what I've already listened to? Why does it not allow timeshift on any of my presets like me cheap 8 year old radio does? Clearly the iDrive has the memory to record this.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
luvsql1
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

I'm listening to SiriusXM online in a web browser and even it keeps at least a few songs cached on each of my favourites so I can go back and forth when switching channels.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

It's called Smart favorites.
Hit option while the station you want to set as a smart favorite is highlighted and add it.
I think you can only have 5 or 6 stations. I love this feature.
Appreciate 0