THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack M240i xDrive 2016 19inch sizes

08-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
ardian85
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Bmw m240i xdrive

M240i xDrive 2016 19inch sizes

Hello guys!
I'm looking around to buy 19inch alloys for my m240i

Wondering if that will work on xDrive?
Front: 225/35 8.5 (what et? )
Rear: 245/30 9.5 (what er?)

Is that work with no issues to xDrive system ?

Many Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

225 is such a thin (width) tire IMO you can go from 30mm to 50mm offset in the front. 40 is about "centered" between fender and suspension. I'd look at 35mm offset as its common and you dont want you tire tucked in TOO much.

Rear you have even more room 40 to 46 should be fine. 42 and 46 are common offsets to shop for.

The two tire sizes you picked are within 1.6% of each other in diameter, more than within the range the AWD system can handle. The 30% sidewall of the rear tire will be very thin (sidewall height). It will look cool (thin tire sidewall) but you're going to feel the bumps. I'd think about running 225/40-19 and 245/35-19. The diameter of the two tires will be .8 inches larger (it will look bigger and car will be .8 higher) but you'll absorb bumps better and protect the rims better. But it wont look as cool, and you have to be more careful about the offset of the rims (taller also moves closer to fender and suspension by a minute amount).
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2021, 01:47 PM   #3
ardian85
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Bmw m240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrboMike View Post
225 is such a thin (width) tire IMO you can go from 30mm to 50mm offset in the front. 40 is about "centered" between fender and suspension. I'd look at 35mm offset as its common and you dont want you tire tucked in TOO much.

Rear you have even more room 40 to 46 should be fine. 42 and 46 are common offsets to shop for.

The two tire sizes you picked are within 1.6% of each other in diameter, more than within the range the AWD system can handle. The 30% sidewall of the rear tire will be very thin (sidewall height). It will look cool (thin tire sidewall) but you're going to feel the bumps. I'd think about running 225/40-19 and 245/35-19. The diameter of the two tires will be .8 inches larger (it will look bigger and car will be .8 higher) but you'll absorb bumps better and protect the rims better. But it wont look as cool, and you have to be more careful about the offset of the rims (taller also moves closer to fender and suspension by a minute amount).
Thanks for the offsets!
I pick those tyre sizes as they were recommended by Bmw on the door shafts.
So the set up I've written down it will work without causing any issues to the xDrive ?
I'm not really worried about bumps etc. As currently I live in Switzerland and I have to say roads are pretty much perfect.

Many Thanks!
Appreciate 0