THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics iDrive crashing, randomly muting...anyone else have this happen?

04-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #1
mattc1176
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 m240i

iDrive crashing, randomly muting...anyone else have this happen?

I had a weird issue while driving a few weeks ago, all of a sudden my radio just mutes itself. I still see the display and can change stations and sources and it looks like everything is playing as normal, just no sound and theres the mute icon up top (tried every button and knob and nothing fixed it). Restarting the car doesn't fix it, it just randomly comes back on. Now yesterday the same thing happened, but then the whole iDrive screen crashed and went black. Restarting the car didn't fix this either, but again it randomly came back on a few minutes later.

I bringing it in on Monday but hoping someone here had a similar issue and knows of a fix. I have a feeling I'll bring it in and not be able to recreate it and they'll tell me I'm crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Mine hasn't muted itself before but I have had iDrive crash and reboot a couple times. Sometimes it seems to be caused most often by the bluetooth connection with my iPhone. However, the last time it happened I had satellite radio on and couldn't change the channel. I could scroll through them with the little wheel on the steering wheel but couldn't actually select a station. Eventually the whole thing crashed, went black, and came back on shortly thereafter.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
SPYLI
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 428i cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
Mine hasn't muted itself before but I have had iDrive crash and reboot a couple times. Sometimes it seems to be caused most often by the bluetooth connection with my iPhone. However, the last time it happened I had satellite radio on and couldn't change the channel. I could scroll through them with the little wheel on the steering wheel but couldn't actually select a station. Eventually the whole thing crashed, went black, and came back on shortly thereafter.
Did you solve the prob?
Mine, 2014, 428i cab is having the same prob. But the interesting thing is, when you try to used comfort mode, air-con on (a must), everything would go back to normal slowly, it took time.
Appreciate 0