THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Another M235i Squeak Post

07-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
MBlaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

Another M235i Squeak Post

About 6 months ago I noticed a small rubber donut shaped object in my driveway just outside my garage so, I kept it in the garage just in case it turned out to be something important off of one of my vehicles. Shortly after that, I started noticing a squeak mostly when going over speed bumps so, I assumed it was something associated with my suspension (reseat springs, swat bar bushings, etc). As time went on, I noticed the squeak during acceleration and during shifts. Fast forward to now and I'm starting to hear the squeak while the car is stationary at idle so, the vibration from the engine is enough to cause the squeak. It is much lower amplitude when stationary but, it's there and it wasn't before. This to me rules out the suspension but, I'm not sure where else to look. See photos below of the rubber donut. If any of you know what this could be and where it goes, I would appreciate the help. Thx
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
MBlaster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i red 8sp

So I had the car at the dealer to perform 60k
miles maintenance and asked them to see if they can isolate the squeak. The only thing they could find as a possible culprit was excess play in the tensioner pulley. I just replaced that today along with the idler pulley and belt but, no help. This must be in the suspension, somewhere.
Appreciate 0