THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Seeking for guidance

07-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
KingYorkCity
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 230i Manual

Seeking for guidance

Hello, been long while since I have posted or thought about tinkering the ride.

I have a 2019 230i 6 speed with sports and premium package. Got very lucky and found this at the St Louis BMW that had it marked incorrectly as an automatic. Next thing you know, it was on a truck going to California.

I have been loving it. Especially being an E46 owner before, where I took it with me on a NYC to SF 29 days, 19 states, and 18 cities cross country road trip.

I haven't done much to the car except tint the windows but now getting an itch to do the following. Would love folks guidance here!
  • Black Rims - Thinking of the OEM black 719M

Lowering the ride just a bit. Close the wheel gaps and overall just lowering the ride a bit to feel more like the E46 ride height

Chrome Delete - windows trims, etc

Exhaust? Maybe? Something to add a little but definitely NOT obnoxious. Nothing against it, just not what I am shooting for.

Overall, my goal is to have it to be pretty stock and not do TOO much.

Your suggestion and guidance on parts and anything I should consider would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingYorkCity View Post
Hello, been long while since I have posted or thought about tinkering the ride.

I have a 2019 230i 6 speed with sports and premium package. Got very lucky and found this at the St Louis BMW that had it marked incorrectly as an automatic. Next thing you know, it was on a truck going to California.

I have been loving it. Especially being an E46 owner before, where I took it with me on a NYC to SF 29 days, 19 states, and 18 cities cross country road trip.

I haven't done much to the car except tint the windows but now getting an itch to do the following. Would love folks guidance here!
  • Black Rims - Thinking of the OEM black 719M

Lowering the ride just a bit. Close the wheel gaps and overall just lowering the ride a bit to feel more like the E46 ride height

Chrome Delete - windows trims, etc

Exhaust? Maybe? Something to add a little but definitely NOT obnoxious. Nothing against it, just not what I am shooting for.

Overall, my goal is to have it to be pretty stock and not do TOO much.

Your suggestion and guidance on parts and anything I should consider would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats on the rare find! You'll enjoy this for a long time. I think you just missed out on my #1 recommendation for the Rogue short shift kit group buy on another thread. You can confirm there if its really too late. #2 mod is swapping out the lower control arms for the M2 version (kit available at Turner Motorsports). Best two things I've done for the driving experience.

You can see from my signature that our interests in other mods are a bit different. Ride heights and louder exhausts do not interest me. But, there was one experience that may overlap. Chrome delete for the windows is not as simple as it sounds. The rear windows have the chrome moulding bonded to them. I wound up having mine vinyl wrapped with black gloss. Took the guy about 4 hours to get it just right...perfectionest. But, it came out great and looks far better to my eyes. He tried to do the small silver "winglets" on each side of the lower front fascia, but the surfaces were too complex for a good wrap. I may mask and paint those one day. Good luck!
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 07-17-2021 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The rear windows have the chrome molding bonded to them. I wound up having mine vinyl wrapped with black gloss.
You mean the coupes cannot roll the rear windows down? Wow.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #4
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler4 View Post
You mean the coupes cannot roll the rear windows down? Wow.
Why would you want to? The driver pays the tolls or picks up the food at the drive-through. Other than that, the HVAC system reigns, always just right, Mr. Convertible Man!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
jzeiler4320.00