THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Intake codes? And questions

07-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
F22ryan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW m235i xdrive

Intake codes? And questions

Just wondering if anyone has figure out a solution to any of these codes. I have a m235i xdrive and yes I do have a aftermarket intake. Is there any intake out there that doesn't give a code? Also what in the world is 10BA48
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

What intake and mods?
      07-09-2021, 03:28 PM   #3
F22ryan
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
What intake and mods?
Afe power momentum force and mods VRSF Downpipe VRSF intercooler VRSF Charge pipe
FTP inlet pipeTurbo Smart BOV CSF Oil cooler Mosselman oil thermostat Awe intake Dorch stage 2 HPFP PR LPFP
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 03:38 PM   #4
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22ryan View Post
Afe power momentum force and mods VRSF Downpipe VRSF intercooler VRSF Charge pipe
FTP inlet pipeTurbo Smart BOV CSF Oil cooler Mosselman oil thermostat Awe intake Dorch stage 2 HPFP PR LPFP
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1710013

Try cleaning the MAF first, then look for possible sensor issues. Good luck and keep us posted.

As for your question on what intake doesn't cause a CEL - I know the CTS turbo doesn't, nor does the MPPK with drop in filter.
      07-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Mppk box (or modded stock) and a panel filter.

I had problems with CTS, no codes but it didn't act right.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #6
F22ryan
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-slow View Post
Mppk box (or modded stock) and a panel filter.

I had problems with CTS, no codes but it didn't act right.
Out of curiosity what do you mean by it didn't act right? Like did you just get odd throttle response?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #7
F22ryan
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1710013

Try cleaning the MAF first, then look for possible sensor issues. Good luck and keep us posted.

As for your question on what intake doesn't cause a CEL - I know the CTS turbo doesn't, nor does the MPPK with drop in filter.
Used MAF cleaner and it seems to have gotten rid of the check engine. However I will say I noticed and odd pulsation on between 1-3.5k rpm with about 30% throttle. Might just replace the sensor all together.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #8
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Used MAF cleaner and it seems to have gotten rid of the check engine. However I will say I noticed and odd pulsation on between 1-3.5k rpm with about 30% throttle. Might just replace the sensor all together.
Best place to start.
      07-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #9
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Out of curiosity what do you mean by it didn't act right? Like did you just get odd throttle response?
If you tried to drive away when the engine was cold it would misfire and jerk the car around, making you look like some kid learning to drive. You would have to sit and idle for a few minutes to get it warm enough to avoid the problem. Then once it was hot and you went to restart the car it would barely idle and sound like it was going to die. No codes ever and it went away instantly when I went back to the stock intake.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #10
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If you tried to drive away when the engine was cold it would misfire and jerk the car around, making you look like some kid learning to drive. You would have to sit and idle for a few minutes to get it warm enough to avoid the problem. Then once it was hot and you went to restart the car it would barely idle and sound like it was going to die. No codes ever and it went away instantly when I went back to the stock intake.
In the bold, my car does that sometimes (don't have the other issues) - it's mitigated by waiting 15 seconds after startup to drive the car. The MPPK drives better than the stock box, and that's enough for me to overlook this issue.
I wonder if the M2 tune already accounts for the extra airflow at lower RPMs (most tunes modify post 2000RPM) that effect this?
      07-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #11
F22ryan
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
In the bold, my car does that sometimes (don't have the other issues) - it's mitigated by waiting 15 seconds after startup to drive the car. The MPPK drives better than the stock box, and that's enough for me to overlook this issue.
I wonder if the M2 tune already accounts for the extra airflow at lower RPMs (most tunes modify post 2000RPM) that effect this?
Yeah that would be interesting I will try messing around with tunes on BM3 just to see if has any effect or I will just as Paul.
Appreciate 0