THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Anyone had a problem installing MORMITO H7 LED lights

10-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Trucking75
Rep
Drives: bmw 228i X-DRIVE

Cool Anyone had a problem installing MORMITO H7 LED lights

I have a 2016 228i It was a CPO car and came with the halogen lights. I ordered the Mormito 2stroke H7 Led lights with the anti flicker harness from ECS tuning. When I tried to install them I was not able to put the locking clip that holds the bulb in place. It will not go around the body of the new light. I checked on line but there does not seem to be much info about this. I cant seem to get a straight answer from ECS (No one answers the phone) Any help of info would be great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 08:08 PM   #2
Piggieback
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 Cayman S, 2015 A3

Easiest way to check the issue, is to remove the halogen bulb, and look at it side by side. You will quickly be able to identify if there are any abnormalities, such as varying width, height etc. Also keep in mind, the LED bulb alignment is most likely off, so once you get it installed, check the light bleeding at night, to see if the bulbs are blinding head-on, this is a typical issue with HID kits, since halogen reflectors have a different design, when compared to LED or HID reflectors.
Appreciate 0