THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Wired Remote for Bavsound / Bimmer-Tech / Audiotec Fischer / Match Amp

02-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Wired Remote for Bavsound / Bimmer-Tech / Audiotec Fischer / Match Amp

Finally swapped my stock HK amp for the Bavsound / Bimmer-Tech option. It's a Match PP86DSP by AudioTec Fischer. I haven't had a chance to mess with the software yet, but I did want the ability to make some basic adjustments on the fly. They make a few options, all the way up to a $500 LCD screen. I wanted basic and I wanted easy to stash away, so I ordered the URC.3 on eBay from an authorized dealer in EU.

Easy to mount in armrest and route cable to trunk - job took me 30 minutes. Path of least resistance is to remove passenger seat and under-seat speaker cover, run wire from armrest to door sill, then head back to the trunk. Even full OCD install with all your zip ties equally spaced and facing the right way, 30 minutes.

While you are at it I would also suggest adding the JL remote in case you want to add an in-trunk sub someday, running two wires takes no longer than running one. Viffermike gets credit for that install idea. That unit is $30, the AF one is $50. If you really want to prep for the future run some RCA cables and a remote on/off wire from the AF amp to the battery area so that you can do a plug and play sub amp install in 5 minutes if/when you make that upgrade. All-in beyond the $50 for the AF remote that I am using now, the extras for sub were an additional $40. Not bad to not have to take the car apart again.

Anyway wanted to post about the AF remote because 1. it was cheap and easy and 2. I haven't seen anyone install one yet, so figured folks might not even know they exist. I need to mess with it but you can configure the controls for whatever you want - i.e. CTRL 1 = Treble CTRL 2 = Bass.

On to the photos...
Attached Images

Appreciate 3