THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum The new BMW M240i M Performance Edition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #111
Dylan86
Lieutenant Colonel
Dylan86's Avatar
Canada
839
Rep
1,765
Posts

Drives: M235i MP Edition, 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rossland, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdPedalAddict View Post
I totally agree and I think I kind of went off topic thinking more about what I would have liked the m2 to have been. It's just USA-Ret got me dreaming...
I mean, it would be a great thing, for us, just not BMW lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #112
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
808@702's Avatar
310
Rep
1,199
Posts

Drives: My girlfriends crazy!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nv. and Honolulu, Hi. and Seattle Wa.

iTrader: (0)

Exhaust tips only
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 01:10 AM   #113
CP911
First Lieutenant
United_States
208
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: '18 M240i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NW Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau_Rouge111 View Post
Without an LSD...no point even publishing numbers for risk of embarrassment for the 340. Pretty sure that Civic has a pretty trick LSD to lay down that lap...plus much lighter and better tuned suspension than the 340i...im pretty sure the 340i would get smoked time wise. Honda can build a pretty fast road car....can't build a modern F1 engine to save their lives...sorry McLaren....but can build a pretty fast road car
Haha @ the McLaren/Honda comment. No kidding! It has been tough watching Alonso struggle this season primarily due to the car. Interestingly enough, while watching a Formula 4 race at this year's US Grand Prix in Austin, I learned that all the F4 cars are using what is essentially a Type R motor sans turbo. It seems they can build a reliable, low power engine for racing, but obviously Formula 1 power units cannot be compared.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 10:04 PM   #114
silverado
Captain
silverado's Avatar
260
Rep
872
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

I leased one of these last week and I LOVE it. I was searching for an MT M235i/M240i for a long time (to replace my 2015 AT M235i) but they are so rare here in the Northeast where everyone wants XDrive (which only comes with AT). Then I happened to drop by my local dealer last Sunday and found this M Performance Edition M240i with MT sitting on the showroom floor!! For some reason they had never put it up online so it wasn’t showing up in AutoTrader or any such site. I test drove it and I was smitten!!

I know most of the comments about this car in this thread were negative, with the prevailing argument being: Why not an M2? Well, it’s not a psychological condition as it was said in this thread It’s simply that I got a great deal on this car, something that would never happen with an M2. A $7-8k price difference is real money for me and I can’t justify paying that much more to get an M2. Wish I could but can’t. Maybe in 3 years.

For now, though, I got an amazing car for a good price and I’m loving it!!!
__________________
2018 F87 M2 | LBB | Executive | Moon Roof | Apple CarPlay [2018 F22 M240 (sold) ; 2015 F22 M235i (sold); 2006 E90 330i (sold); 1983 E30 Coupe 320i (sold)]

Last edited by silverado; 02-26-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Appreciate 2
      02-26-2018, 10:54 PM   #115
WolfGTI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
96
Rep
250
Posts

Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
BMW should take a page from Porsche (C2S) or Corvette GrandSport- sell the wide body with the improved suspension and the regular powertrain.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 11:25 PM   #116
CP911
First Lieutenant
United_States
208
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: '18 M240i Coupe 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NW Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
BMW should take a page from Porsche (C2S) or Corvette GrandSport- sell the wide body with the improved suspension and the regular powertrain.
Do you mean 911 GTS?
__________________
CP911
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 08:45 AM   #117
baege
Captain
132
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGTI View Post
BMW should take a page from Porsche (C2S) or Corvette GrandSport- sell the wide body with the improved suspension and the regular powertrain.
I would be all over that car...m2 body with adaptive suspension and b58...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #118
mblaucoupe135
Captain
59
Rep
670
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I leased one of these last week and I LOVE it. I was searching for an MT M235i/M240i for a long time (to replace my 2015 AT M235i) but they are so rare here in the Northeast where everyone wants XDrive (which only comes with AT). Then I happened to drop by my local dealer last Sunday and found this M Performance Edition M240i with MT sitting on the showroom floor!! For some reason they had never put it up online so it wasn’t showing up in AutoTrader or any such site. I test drove it and I was smitten!!

I know most of the comments about this car in this thread were negative, with the prevailing argument being: Why not an M2? Well, it’s not a psychological condition as it was said in this thread It’s simply that I got a great deal on this car, something that would never happen with an M2. A $7-8k price difference is real money for me and I can’t justify paying that much more to get an M2. Wish I could but can’t. Maybe in 3 years.

For now, though, I got an amazing car for a good price and I’m loving it!!!
that's awesome, congrats! pics?
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 10:58 PM   #119
WolfGTI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
96
Rep
250
Posts

Drives: '17 F22,15 E84 M Sport,02 R53
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
2002 MINI Cooper S  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
Sorry Carerra 4 and 4S models as well as GTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Do you mean 911 GTS?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #120
silverado
Captain
silverado's Avatar
260
Rep
872
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
that's awesome, congrats! pics?
Here is a quick photo Will take a proper set of photos soon.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2018 F87 M2 | LBB | Executive | Moon Roof | Apple CarPlay [2018 F22 M240 (sold) ; 2015 F22 M235i (sold); 2006 E90 330i (sold); 1983 E30 Coupe 320i (sold)]
Appreciate 3
      02-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #121
mblaucoupe135
Captain
59
Rep
670
Posts

Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Littleton, CO

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
that's awesome, congrats! pics?
Here is a quick photo Will take a proper set of photos soon.
looks awesome!!!
__________________
2012 335is coupe, alpine white with red leather interior
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #122
blackbm5
Enlisted Member
blackbm5's Avatar
39
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2018 M240i Performance Edition
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

1 week down

Here is mine! I just picked it up a week ago. Loving it.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Dylan86839.00

      07-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #123
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
168
Rep
553
Posts

Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Sometimes I think I need a splitter but then I think I'd just tear it off.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2018, 07:54 PM   #124
Dylan86
Lieutenant Colonel
Dylan86's Avatar
Canada
839
Rep
1,765
Posts

Drives: M235i MP Edition, 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Rossland, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbm5 View Post
Here is mine! I just picked it up a week ago. Loving it.
You'll love it even more once you get to move away from those RFT's!! It'll feel like a whole new car, no joke
__________________
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #125
aozer
Lieutenant
aozer's Avatar
433
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

pretty hilarious that the performance edition is even allowed to be equipped with RFTs
Appreciate 1
Dylan86839.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST