THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum warrantee purposes

12-01-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

warrantee purposes

For warrantee (the extended one, which through BMW, looks to be a 3rd part one) do I need to

1> Keep up with what is advised by BMW
2> Have an indy or myself do the service
3> What is on my idrive is not what they are saying

on the attached, I've already done the microfilter and airfilter, my indy did the oil filter last Saturday
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2023, 09:48 AM   #2
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

I'd check the fine print on the warranty paperwork if you're worried before anyone else on the internet. But IMO, just take it to a good indy for service and keep the receipts of work done and take it at your own schedule (the indy can reset the service timers or look up on youtube the procedure for F chassis cars). Definitely keep your receipts on parts and maybe write on them when they were installed or something.
As for actual warranty covered work, take it to a mechanic on THEIR list or they wont cover the work.

I've been grateful my warranty expired without issues but it's good to check so you don't get caught on any technicalities.

Last edited by freakystyly; 12-02-2023 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0