THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Meth Injection - Share your experience

06-26-2017, 09:53 PM   #67
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
Oh really... i am pretty sure my VRSF CP only has one bung... im gonna have to verify tomorrow. How often have you read of this...? Could this be due to the mixture or type of methanol used..?
A couple guys ran CM10s before and posted and swapped to twin CM5s. I have the ER chargepipes and you can get 2 bungs.

You can certain try a single CM10 and see how that works.

Changing the settings on the JB4 for the meth spray is important. When I first got the meth, it bogged cuz it was kicking in at too low of an RPM as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 09:55 PM   #68
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
It certainly is, but hell its gonna get swapped eventually lol. So for your meth setup, both nozzles are on the CP? Is anyone doing PI meth? Can you run PI and CP/TB meth all at once? sorry for the dumb questions
Both nozzles are on the chargepipe. The ER chargepipe had the option for 2 bungs.

I plan to keep the throttle body setup and then upgrade to PI for fuel (not meth) and LPFP once I upgrade to a 6266 turbo. But that's down the road...

Will be my graduation present if I land a better job than I have now.

I want to put down N54 big turbo numbers...
Appreciate 2
      06-27-2017, 01:32 AM   #69
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Both nozzles are on the chargepipe. The ER chargepipe had the option for 2 bungs.

I plan to keep the throttle body setup and then upgrade to PI for fuel (not meth) and LPFP once I upgrade to a 6266 turbo. But that's down the road...

Ok gotcha, ill need to check my ER CP because I cannot remember if I have 1 or 2 bungs.

So will your PI then just run from the oem fuel tank? (no separate tank)..

This is interesting, so your running stg2 pure and no PI/LPFP and your wanting to go to an even bigger turbo then run the latter? I know stg2 with PI/LPFP will get you to 550/600, and from what Ive read anything past is a crapshoot to bending internals.. None the less its always interesting to hear someone wanting to push the N55 further!

Wishing you the most in finding the best Job upon grad! I to have set a goal to grad from an upcoming 14mo school and hoping to reward with pure stg2 and PI!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #70
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Quote:

Ok gotcha, ill need to check my ER CP because I cannot remember if I have 1 or 2 bungs.

This is interesting, so your running stg2 pure and no PI/LPFP and your wanting to go to an even bigger turbo then run the latter? I know stg2 with PI/LPFP will get you to 550/600, and from what Ive read anything past is a crapshoot to bending internals.. None the less its always interesting to hear someone wanting to push the N55 further!

Wishing you the most in finding the best Job upon grad! I to have set a goal to grad from an upcoming 14mo school and hoping to reward with pure stg2 and PI!
Wow, all of these gifts for graduation. I wonder if i could talk the wife into a Enzo tune, methanol, pure stg2 and a clutch upgrade for having our 2nd child :
That will go over like a fart in church.
Appreciate 2
      06-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #71
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Wow, all of these gifts for graduation. I wonder if i could talk the wife into a Enzo tune, methanol, pure stg2 and a clutch upgrade for having our 2nd child :
Me: Babe, by doing these mods now we can focus more on the future of our new family.

Her: Makes sense, and you need your fun too, how much this time around?

Me: Just a few thou, 4-5 only..

Her: When are we going on a vacation, then?

Me: WHENEVER YOU WANT!!

Worked, for the suspension setup
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      06-27-2017, 07:33 PM   #72
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
I'm dying to get the BMS kit I have put on the car... but it's been in the shop for going on a month now lol
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #73
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
I'm dying to get the BMS kit I have put on the car... but it's been in the shop for going on a month now lol
What nozzle or nozzles did you opt for..?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 06:22 PM   #74
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Oh really... i am pretty sure my VRSF CP only has one bung... im gonna have to verify tomorrow. How often have you read of this...? Could this be due to the mixture or type of methanol used..?
I was at a single cm10 before and wasn't having issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 06:25 PM   #75
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahahaha more like start selling off the mods.

Not sure where you located, are but I've got a single cm10. You could have cheap. I just don't want to go through all the effort of shipping for $15. I'm in the Boston area.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #76
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Me: Babe, by doing these mods now we can focus more on the future of our new family.

Her: Makes sense, and you need your fun too, how much this time around?

Me: Just a few thou, 4-5 only..

Her: When are we going on a vacation, then?

Me: WHENEVER YOU WANT!!

Worked, for the suspension setup
Babe, we need more power to beat our friends c7....

Right hand- ok I got the credit card....

Me - (insert burnout emoji that I can't find)
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      06-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #77
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I started single 10 because I didnt think I had 2 bungs. Then I jumped it to a cm5 and cm7.

I just finished the install this past weekend but haven't really had time to do much testing. Preliminary logs look good and power feels great. I'll try to update my review now that I should be running smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #78
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Quote:
Hahahaha more like start selling off the mods.

Not sure where you located, are but I've got a single cm10. You could have cheap. I just don't want to go through all the effort of shipping for $15. I'm in the Boston area.
I know right, probably wouldn't be worth the hassle but i surely appreciate the thought.
Im still torn on this. Will probably buy it next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #79
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thnx Bryanf22, I did speak with Enzo yesterday, he seems like a really great guy. He took plenty of time to listen and give his opinion on tuning options. Just the cost is detouring me TBH. Im sure the tune is smoother and more predictable than my JB4 but $1K better ?. Still trying to decide which route to go.. i can see Meth being a viable option. Bryanf22, were you previously JB4 tuned and if so what kind/how much of difference between Jb4 and flash ..?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #80
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thnx Bryanf22, I did speak with Enzo yesterday, he seems like a really great guy. He took plenty of time to listen and give his opinion on tuning options. Just the cost is detouring me TBH. Im sure the tune is smoother and more predictable than my JB4 but $1K better ?. Still trying to decide which route to go.. i can see Meth being a viable option. Bryanf22, were you previously JB4 tuned and if so what kind/how much of difference between Jb4 and flash ..?
I feel like we are exactly the same page here. I really don't want to pull my ECU and send it out and pay the grand. I probably will at some point, it's just not really viable for me to pull my ECU and leave my car street parked too I get it back.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #81
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
I got the kit used- two CM5's like most others. Hoping to hook it up soon- I have to find a way to get new pins for the jb4 DSUB and solder the tips in though.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 10:37 PM   #82
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
How's evreyone routing the line through the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #83
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How's evreyone routing the line through the car?
Charge pipe - splitter - solenoid is dangling down next to cp - line goes up to top of engine bay- though grommet in firewall- under trim at door frame (near the m235 plate) - under rear seats- under trunk carpeting- into storage well.

Completely stealth setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #84
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Charge pipe - splitter - solenoid is dangling down next to cp - line goes up to top of engine bay- though grommet in firewall- under trim at door frame (near the m235 plate) - under rear seats- under trunk carpeting- into storage well.

Completely stealth setup.
Okay that answers my next question too - I wasn't sure the line would fit along the door sill trim. Great to know
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #85
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay that answers my next question too - I wasn't sure the line would fit along the door sill trim. Great to know
Same routing on my end.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #86
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, the PI runs from stock fuel tank, but the pump and lines will be different.

At this point, my low boost setting is 18psi for driving around daily. It doesn't starve for fuel (Map 3). For 21psi, it will require mixing race fuel (Map 6). I don't run Map 6 often though. Believe it or not, unless organized, not many folks will run on the highway. Again, mostly Mustangs, Camaros, Charger/Challengers and a few Vettes so far. Each one, walked on Map 3 with ease. Current HP numbers are 455whp on Map 3 and 505whp on Map 6. Bigger torque difference though.

My hope is to get my car to keep up with my buddy's E63. With PS2 and FBO, versus his tuned/meth E63, I was about 2 car lengths behind up to 120mph. Goal is to keep up. Thus, going for something bigger once I can.

As far as the internals - the plan is to put the big turbo setup on, see how it runs and once the internals go - do a full rebuild.

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope that the support for a top mount turbo gets better upon graduation.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 11:13 PM   #87
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Yeah, the PI runs from stock fuel tank, but the pump and lines will be different.

At this point, my low boost setting is 18psi for driving around daily. It doesn't starve for fuel (Map 3). For 21psi, it will require mixing race fuel (Map 6). I don't run Map 6 often though. Believe it or not, unless organized, not many folks will run on the highway. Again, mostly Mustangs, Camaros, Charger/Challengers and a few Vettes so far. Each one, walked on Map 3 with ease. Current HP numbers are 455whp on Map 3 and 505whp on Map 6. Bigger torque difference though.

My hope is to get my car to keep up with my buddy's E63. With PS2 and FBO, versus his tuned/meth E63, I was about 2 car lengths behind up to 120mph. Goal is to keep up. Thus, going for something bigger once I can.

As far as the internals - the plan is to put the big turbo setup on, see how it runs and once the internals go - do a full rebuild.

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope that the support for a top mount turbo gets better upon graduation.
Your buddys e63 sounds like a monster, but I wounder how much hed pull if you had meth and or PI with the PS2? If you ran him on Map6, you could get another 50hp at least with those fueling upgrades, maybe enough to keep up at least under 120?

Doc race is the only one I know that has and N55 top mount, however not sure how complete the R/D is on it? have you seen any other top mounts for N55? I guess after PS2 you have to go top mount?

So out of curiosity, whats the ballpark cost for buying rebuilt internals? Haven't seen an n55 that has been rebuilt with forged internals, mostly just see people say its not worth the high cost, but wouldn't it be worth it to have a faster N55..
Appreciate 1
Mywifes3351631.00
      07-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #88
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Your buddys e63 sounds like a monster, but I wounder how much hed pull if you had meth and or PI with the PS2? If you ran him on Map6, you could get another 50hp at least with those fueling upgrades, maybe enough to keep up at least under 120?

Doc race is the only one I know that has and N55 top mount, however not sure how complete the R/D is on it? have you seen any other top mounts for N55? I guess after PS2 you have to go top mount?

So out of curiosity, whats the ballpark cost for buying rebuilt internals? Haven't seen an n55 that has been rebuilt with forged internals, mostly just see people say its not worth the high cost, but wouldn't it be worth it to have a faster N55..
I cant imagine more than 550whp 500wtq in the m235i unless its an xdrive. Its hard enough to keep traction with the limited options for rear tires.
Appreciate 0