THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 228i Skinny Wheels 205s

04-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
XplusYplusZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

228i Skinny Wheels 205s

I'm not sure why, but apparently the 2014 228i base came with two tyre width versions: 205 and 225. I'm not sure if the 205s were an earlier run or something - anyone know?

I have the 205s and whilst at first i wasn't particularly happy, I actually find it great fun squirming out of tighter corners and dabs of oversteer on switchbacks. Its almost to the point where i'm pleased i didnt get the wider tyred version.

Anyone else enjoying the skinny wheels?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
jofealvi
Civil Engineer
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I Glacier Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplusYplusZ View Post
I'm not sure why, but apparently the 2014 228i base came with two tyre width versions: 205 and 225. I'm not sure if the 205s were an earlier run or something - anyone know?

I have the 205s and whilst at first i wasn't particularly happy, I actually find it great fun squirming out of tighter corners and dabs of oversteer on switchbacks. Its almost to the point where i'm pleased i didnt get the wider tyred version.

The base model. come with design 380
The M sport model. come with design 460 M.

This changes and it´s diferent in every market.
Attached Images

BMW M235I- Glacier Silver Metallic - Harman Kardon -Xenón Lights -Sunroof - Electric Seats - Dakota Coral Red Leather. Previous vehicles:2015 BMW 118i M-Sport Estoril Blue--2013 BMW X1 XDRIVE 28I Sport Line- Mineral grey--2011 BMW X3 XDRIVE 35I Mineral Silver
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplusYplusZ View Post

It's certainly the way to go for winter tires where narrower is better!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Funny you should ask...as I had a tire problem today. Yes I have the Pirelli P7 run flats in size 205. Well anyway...not meaning to hijack your thread but since it is about the same very tire...figure better than starting a new one. My TPMS started going off this week about my left rear tire. I would fill it to 36 lbs and it two days it would be back to 25 lbs. So I took it over to discount tire and sure enough I had taken a roofing nail about a half inch from inside sidewall. Being so close to the sidewall it was a long shot if it could be fixed. It ended up not matering. anyway because Pirelli is one of the three tire makers on his list that recommend not trying to fix run flats...they need to be replaced. So he did not have one in stock...I tild him I would try BMW first. BMW did not have them either. Pirelli has this tire on backorder and wont have any until end of the month. Since both places charge $240 installed I asked discount tire to order since it is closer to me. I lucked out and he found one of the three tires left in the USA in Georgia and is having it shipped, otherwise it would have been the end of April. Hevfelt bad for me since my car had less than 4000 miles on it. Instead of charging me the $240 for the new tire to be replaced he sold me 5 tire replacement certs for $192 and change. This gets my bad tire replaced and gives me lifetime replacement on the new one and the other 3 for whatever reason for the life of the tire. Super good deal! To answer your questions the tire handles well, just dont like that it always has to be replaced if you take a nail. Luckily discount tire is awesome!
Appreciate 0