THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Deep scratches on central cluster and display

02-25-2024, 04:01 AM   #1
steker
Private
Rep
Drives: 428i

Deep scratches on central cluster and display

I just bought a used Z4 G29 and I’m over the moon with it. There are only some deep scratches on the center console, no idea how someone could’ve done that.

Any suggestions what to do with these? I know that ignoring them is an option But I would like to know if someone has a suggestion (something to fill it up, cover it, etc). They are deep, as in you feel them with your nails. Especially that it looks white is annoying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 07:14 AM   #2
scubajim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F33

I think your only option is to remove and replace. Maybe a film for the trim but you still have to remove it. You might be able to reduce the scratches if you are skilled a polishing.

There is nothing I am aware of to remove scratches from the screen. I think there are protective screen covers that can be added not sure how the scratches would look then. I have never tried one.
      02-25-2024, 11:03 AM   #3
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
IMHO, you only have one option, replace the center console and then cover it with PPF.
Appreciate 0