THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Frozen paint owners let’s discuss care product

06-01-2022, 10:54 AM   #45
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz3n.m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
I'm going to start with full front and roof. This way I will have full panels done, just would need to add the rear panels later on if I really like it
The.... the.... username...
Lol, brother from another mother!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2022, 05:10 PM   #46
aj_g80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasper20 View Post
what is the BWM's nano wax? I'm looking for something to keep dust from accumulating so fast.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/4...ECIAL-NANO-WAX

I used this because i didn't want to ceramic coat the CS. Like i said before though, nothing is going to stop your car from getting dust... You just see it more on darker frozen paints than lighter colors.

I also just PPF'd the CS front clip (did not do the entire car because likely aren't keeping but i still dont want to have repaint a frozen panel i hate it)

I can say that (xpel stealth) i can barely spot the difference between what is wrapped, and not. Outside it's barely noticeable in the sun.

However, in my spray booth under lighting i can see it more. Does it bother me? No. It doesn't show up enough to.
Appreciate 2
dovaro129.50
      06-01-2022, 09:11 PM   #47
dovaro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2023 G82 M4  [0.00]
Hello guys,

Can some one put some picture on frozen colours before and after ppf? Is the change in colour big deal? Is full ppf enough to take care of the paint ? Can I just wash it normally in automatic car wash? Or do I still need to take care of ppf ?

Sorry guys, this is my first time getting frozen paint
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #48
aj_g80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovaro View Post
Hello guys,

Can some one put some picture on frozen colours before and after ppf? Is the change in colour big deal? Is full ppf enough to take care of the paint ? Can I just wash it normally in automatic car wash? Or do I still need to take care of ppf ?

good god. please do some reading. DO NOT take your car (frozen or not) thru a car wash. With, or without PPF.

Will try and post some CS pics for refercne.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2022, 09:51 PM   #49
kbb
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 24' M3cs, 23' 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_g80 View Post
Quote:
Hello guys,

good god. please do some reading. DO NOT take your car (frozen or not) thru a car wash. With, or without PPF.

Will try and post some CS pics for refercne.
I have taken mine through touch less car wash in the winter time without any problems. I know a few guys that does it too, but to make sure not to get the ones that add wax to your car.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 05:29 AM   #50
Nath-G80
Fire Orange M3 Competition
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 Fire Orange G80 M3

Garage List
For me, and good detailer to ceramic coat, then any Ph neutral foam wash and air dry and it's good to go! 😉

Love the frozen finish!

Appreciate 1
FISH225404.50
      06-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #51
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
As much as I love Dr Beasley's products, their matte soap is not great at foaming. I use Chemical Guys matte soap for all my foaming needs. Probably the best matte-specific (Ph balanced) foaming soap I've used.
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      06-02-2022, 08:37 AM   #52
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hello guys,

I am getting my FBW Xpel Stealth wrapped, front clip only so everything from windshield forward. I will post some pics trying to spot the differences for you. I am hoping its not too bad.
Appreciate 1
dovaro129.50
      06-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #53
aj_g80
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I am getting my FBW Xpel Stealth wrapped, front clip only so everything from windshield forward. I will post some pics trying to spot the differences for you. I am hoping its not too bad.

it's not too bad honestly. And this is on frozen green. I see you are in south fla. Who is doing yours?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:34 AM   #54
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it's not too bad honestly. And this is on frozen green. I see you are in south fla. Who is doing yours?
Same place you went to, Connor at Always Sunny. =)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:52 AM   #55
aj_g80
Captain
Rep

Quote:

oh lol. I just realized you are the guy in the other thread
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:53 AM   #56
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

oh lol. I just realized you are the guy in the other thread
I am that guy, yes lol. There's another Frozen screen name, like mine, but I am THAT guy
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2022, 02:48 PM   #57
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

These products arrived yesterday, and I have the COLORLOCK on the way for the interior. Thanks for the recomendations.

Couple of questions:
  • Do you use the matte paint body wash in your foam cannon after first rinse? I have some Mr. Pink Super Suds from Chemical Guys which I have been using on my other cars which doesn't seem to be too bad
  • Any tips for the final finish? On the box it recommends using it after you have washed the car - I.e., don't rinse/dry the car before applying it. It also seems as though it's good for cleaning on the go, for touch ups etc.
2012 Audi A4 Avant - SOLD
Insta: mtn_m3cx

Last edited by kiw1; 06-07-2022 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      06-07-2022, 03:06 PM   #58
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiw1 View Post
These products arrived yesterday, and I have the COLORLOCK on the way for the interior. Thanks for the recomendations.

Any tips for the final finish? On the box it recommends using it after you have washed the car - I.e., don't rinse/dry the car before applying it.
Congrats! I am still waiting for my kit purchased from Amazon (Dr Beasley store). Its the full kit for Matte paint, bucket, etc. After I already spent $300 with chemical guys
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #59
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! I am still waiting for my kit purchased from Amazon (Dr Beasley store). Its the full kit for Matte paint, bucket, etc. After I already spent $300 with chemical guys
Lol I did the same thing, and must have been editing my questions when you responded If you call them up and let them know you are not happy with the cleaning products / liquids they will give you a full refund as FYI. What I kept were the buckets, microfiber wash mitt and towel, wheel cleaner and big mouth max release foam cannon which seems to be working well.
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      06-07-2022, 03:20 PM   #60
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol I did the same thing, and must have been editing my questions when you responded If you call them up and let them know you are not happy with the cleaning products / liquids they will give you a full refund as FYI. What I kept were the buckets, microfiber wash mitt and towel, wheel cleaner and big mouth max release foam cannon which seems to be working well.
I went with pretty general products as you mentioned. Gallon of matte paint cleaner, the big mouth cannon, interior cleaners (the 2 popular ones), the big dry towel, some wheel cleaners and microfiber sticks (need smaller ones), brushes, and I think a leather cleaner. Its more of a stop gap until the Dr is in lol
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 03:56 PM   #61
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went with pretty general products as you mentioned. Gallon of matte paint cleaner, the big mouth cannon, interior cleaners (the 2 popular ones), the big dry towel, some wheel cleaners and microfiber sticks (need smaller ones), brushes, and I think a leather cleaner. Its more of a stop gap until the Dr is in lol
I got essentially the same kit, I ordered the interior cleaner products as well, which I used on my wife's 21 X5 this weekend. It turned out to be terrible on the leather, and I ended up correcting it with some turtle wax interior cleaner products in advance of the COLORLOCK product I have coming.

One product that surprised me was the big dry towel, I really wish I had this in the past. The foam cannon is great as well, although it has a very sensitive range when adjusting the nozzle.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 03:58 PM   #62
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got essentially the same kit, I ordered the interior cleaner products as well, which I used on my wife's 21 X5 this weekend. It turned out to be terrible on the leather, and I ended up correcting it with some turtle wax interior cleaner products in advance of the COLORLOCK product I have coming.

One product that surprised me was the big dry towel, I really wish I had this in the past. The foam cannon is great as well, although it has a very sensitive range when adjusting the nozzle.
Agree on the leather product, the cleaner seems ok at best. The conditioner, STAY AWAY, its trash. I am still looking for a good matter leather conditioner with no sheen, no residue, etc. If anyone can recommend something, please let me know. Cleaners I think I gave covered.
Appreciate 1
kiw1617.00
      06-09-2022, 09:16 AM   #63
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Couple of questions:
  • Do you use the matte paint body wash in your foam cannon after first rinse? I have some Mr. Pink Super Suds from Chemical Guys which I have been using on my other cars which doesn't seem to be too bad
  • Any tips for the final finish? On the box it recommends using it after you have washed the car - I.e., don't rinse/dry the car before applying it. It also seems as though it's good for cleaning on the go, for touch ups etc.
I have used the matte body wash as a foam, but it's not great. I have a gallon of chemical guys matte soap purely for foaming. This is the only non-Dr Beasley's product I use on my frozen white.

I honestly rarely use final finish. The key with a matte finish are frequent washes, and less touching of the paint with quick detailers (too much abrasive friction). I use final finish shortly after washes on possible dust or spots. But I do not touch the car again till it's next wash when I have a ton of suds and foam. This tactic has worked out very well. My car is a daily, 50+ miles a day, sits outside, has over 12k miles, and literally still looks new. (No added gloss)

Where most people screw up is touching the paint too much, which theoretically polishes the paint. And as you know, any swirls or scratches are there forever.

It look me a lot to be comfortable with having a dirty car for up to 2 weeks, and understanding that I'm actually taking better care of it with this approach.

For perspective; I have coated the entire car with Dr Beasley's paint coating pro kit (the $500 one), and every 3-5 months I do a spray of their advanced coat matte. I also never dry with a microfiber, I use a CR Spotless resin filter system for the final rinse. Again, less contact with the paint.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #64
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
I have used the matte body wash as a foam, but it's not great. I have a gallon of chemical guys matte soap purely for foaming. This is the only non-Dr Beasley's product I use on my frozen white.

I honestly rarely use final finish. The key with a matte finish are frequent washes, and less touching of the paint with quick detailers (too much abrasive friction). I use final finish shortly after washes on possible dust or spots. But I do not touch the car again till it's next wash when I have a ton of suds and foam. This tactic has worked out very well. My car is a daily, 50+ miles a day, sits outside, has over 12k miles, and literally still looks new. (No added gloss)

Where most people screw up is touching the paint too much, which theoretically polishes the paint. And as you know, any swirls or scratches are there forever.

It look me a lot to be comfortable with having a dirty car for up to 2 weeks, and understanding that I'm actually taking better care of it with this approach.

For perspective; I have coated the entire car with Dr Beasley's paint coating pro kit (the $500 one), and every 3-5 months I do a spray of their advanced coat matte. I also never dry with a microfiber, I use a CR Spotless resin filter system for the final rinse. Again, less contact with the paint.
Thanks for responding. I have a full body XPEL Stealth wrap so my situation is a little different, but appreciate your experience regarding foaming. I think I'll use Mr Pink Super Suds as it's pH balanced for my initial foaming and then rinse it off and then apply the Dr Beasley's. I was thinking about using the final finish on roadtrips when I need to touch up the bumper (damm bugs).

My interior is perfect, so have not had a chance to use the COLORLOCK yet.

What do you use for wheels? I have been using Chemical Guys Sticky Citrus cleaner which seems to well
Appreciate 1
FISH225404.50
      06-10-2022, 11:44 AM   #65
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Yeah, if you're fully covered by PPF, I wouldn't sweat it.. the "no rubbing" theory still applies though, as you could still polish any matte surface.

And that's exactly what I have final finish for. It's in my trunk with a few microfibers just in case I need it.

For my wheels, I use the chemical guys matte soap (foaming). I have the frozen grey 963M wheels, so it's the same approach as the paint. Also, I ditched the steel brake pads a couple months ago.. now have ceramics that barely dust. This was to minimize noise, dust, and actually keep metal dust off the frozen white finish.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #66
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
Yeah, if you're fully covered by PPF, I wouldn't sweat it.. the "no rubbing" theory still applies though, as you could still polish any matte surface.

And that's exactly what I have final finish for. It's in my trunk with a few microfibers just in case I need it.

For my wheels, I use the chemical guys matte soap (foaming). I have the frozen grey 963M wheels, so it's the same approach as the paint. Also, I ditched the steel brake pads a couple months ago.. now have ceramics that barely dust. This was to minimize noise, dust, and actually keep metal dust off the frozen white finish.
That's smart. What pads did you go with? Based off recommendations from this thread I brought final finish and some microfibers with me on a road trip this weekend and it worked perfectly!
Appreciate 0