THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fault codes misfire

04-21-2024, 01:02 PM   #1
charlie2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2 series 218D

Hi all,
New to the forum and looking for a little bit of advice. I have had an engine management light on and off now for about 3 months. Upon starting up this week it came up with drivechain fault all in red on the dashboard. Engine starts and runs fine on tick over but as soon as you rev it runs rough and splutters.

Had it plugged into ISTA on a friends laptop as I don’t have the software and the following codes come up:

- 282E00 - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Short circuit to B+

283300 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, heating, activation: open circuit

282D00 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, heating, activation: Short circuit to B+

283400 - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Open circuitOxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Open circuit

270100 - Hot film air mass meter, signal: Too low

Rang my local dealer and the soonest they can see the car is 3 weeks time so going to try and tackle it myself if it’s a sensor.

Looked on the OBD Scanner and seems:
O2 Lambda sensor bank 1 sensor 1 -0.99V
O2 Lambda sensor bank 1 sensor 2 - 1V
O2 Lambda Sensor bank 2 sensor 1 - 0V
O2 Lambda Sensor bank 2 sensor 2 - 0V

Noticed on the sensors that the MAF air flow rate was - 0g/sec

Any ideas what I should look at first could it be a faulty MAF sensor?

Not into massively into mechanics but want to try and give this one a shot!

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #2
Adam Lanister
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie2000 View Post
Hi all,
New to the forum and looking for a little bit of advice. I have had an engine management light on and off now for about 3 months. Upon starting up this week it came up with drivechain fault all in red on the dashboard. Engine starts and runs fine on tick over but as soon as you rev it runs rough and splutters.

Had it plugged into ISTA on a friends laptop as I don’t have the software and the following codes come up:

- 282E00 - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Short circuit to B+

283300 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, heating, activation: open circuit

282D00 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter, heating, activation: Short circuit to B+
283400 - Oxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Open circuitOxygen sensor after catalytic converter, heating, activation: Open circuit

270100 - Hot film air mass meter, signal: Too low

Rang my local dealer and the soonest they can see the car is 3 weeks time so going to try and tackle it myself if it’s a sensor.

Looked on the OBD Scanner and seems:
O2 Lambda sensor bank 1 sensor 1 -0.99V
O2 Lambda sensor bank 1 sensor 2 - 1V
O2 Lambda Sensor bank 2 sensor 1 - 0V
O2 Lambda Sensor bank 2 sensor 2 - 0V

Noticed on the sensors that the MAF air flow rate was - 0g/sec

Any ideas what I should look at first could it be a faulty MAF sensor?

Not into massively into mechanics but want to try and give this one a shot!

Thanks
check the wiring for both the MAF sensor and oxygen sensors. Look for any signs of damage, corrosion, or loose connections and try to repair them !
If I was in your shoes I would take it to a local shop

Last edited by Adam Lanister; Yesterday at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #3
Shirazkhan
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw

Fault codes are saying open circuit.Live data is showing 0v on bank 2 sensor 1 and 2.Check the wiring to those sensors,wires might be damaged.
Appreciate 0