THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Those who have cold weather package

10-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #45
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomWasabi View Post
Ok, I am crazy then. So I've decided to do a little MythBuster experiment and instead of opinions get some data. Ran seat heaters on high for 10 minutes in two of my cars, then used a cooking thermometer (fast and accurate) to measure the temperature in a hottest place to touch. Accidentally, the hottest spots were almost identical in two cars - lower part of the backrest. M235i is with Dakota Leather, the other car is with perforated Alcantara. See results below: M235i is 14 F cooler.

Anyone else care to try it? Just run seat heaters on high for 10 minutes, then press thermometer firmly to the backrest for about a minute (or until temperature stops climbing).
Well done! (acually a bit rare at that temp)
All this proves though is that oyster leather is as cold as it looks, although you didn't stick the thermometer in the leather so maybe that affected things.

J/k. What can I say? Mine get nice and toasty and have three levels of noticeable adjustment. I would test it like you did, but I don't have that gizmo.

In other news... Post #2000!
Appreciate 0