THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast 2series owners from Georgia?

01-12-2016, 07:15 PM   #23
raydumasiabjj
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moliaro4 View Post
Ray,

Where did you get your front lip spoiler? It looks great!

Thanks,

Matt.
Hey Matt

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on here in a while.
Its actually the M performance front spoiler from BMW.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

RW Carbon has some good options that I see now but at the time they only carried the 3D version but I prefer the look of the M Perf for the 2 series.

http://www.********.com/front-lip-spoilers.html

Thinking about getting mine wrapped!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 05:17 PM   #24
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydumasiabjj View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hi to the GA 2 series owners.
I just picked her up yesterday and I love this car so much! Coming from a Mazda 3 its like night and day lol.

Hopefully there are some meet ups. I have not seen many around.

Cheers,
Ray
I just ordered my M235 a few days ago and am expecting delivery in the next few months - fairly pumped.

I've been contemplating getting the front splitter, but have been a bit nervous considering how terrible some of the roads are downtown. Have you had many clearance issues with that splitter when driving around in Atlanta?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #25
josem235i
Private
Rep
Drives: E36/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Wanted to say hi to the GA 2 series owners.
I just picked her up yesterday and I love this car so much! Coming from a Mazda 3 its like night and day lol.

Hopefully there are some meet ups. I have not seen many around.

Cheers,
Ray
I just ordered my M235 a few days ago and am expecting delivery in the next few months - fairly pumped.

I've been contemplating getting the front splitter, but have been a bit nervous considering how terrible some of the roads are downtown. Have you had many clearance issues with that splitter when driving around in Atlanta?
Hey Thomas, I've had my splitter since Day 1 and also have aftermarket suspension and have driven alot through downtown and have not had any issues with it. If I were you I would order it because it gives it a good look!

Hope you enjoy your car man!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josem235i View Post
Hey Thomas, I've had my splitter since Day 1 and also have aftermarket suspension and have driven alot through downtown and have not had any issues with it. If I were you I would order it because it gives it a good look!

Hope you enjoy your car man!
That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Unfortunately, I only placed my order last week and I'm already checking my email daily for updates (it's going to be a long few months). I've got an AW 6MT coming in and plan on adding the splitter, MPE, rear spoiler, and getting those awful mirrors repainted.

So pumped.
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #27
lpfc26
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6MT Estoril Blue

Hi,

New owner here and new to the brand as well.
I just picked up my 2016 228i, 6MT, SP, LP after placing my order in NOV.
Located in Cobb Co.
Thank you!
Tosh
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #28
josem235i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfc26
Hi,

New owner here and new to the brand as well.
I just picked up my 2016 228i, 6MT, SP, LP after placing my order in NOV.
Located in Cobb Co.
Thank you!
Tosh
You should go to Caffeine and Octane tomorrow at Perimeter Mall, I've only seen one other 2series besides mine every time I go!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 01:16 AM   #29
gpburdell
Private
Rep
Drives: EBII M235i

Where are people taking cars for service? I ordered mine from Cali dealer and took delivery at PCD.

I'm up for my first year service in a few weeks. I'm in the Smyrna/Mableton area and I know Global Imports is the closet to me, but I'm 99% sure I won't take it there.

I've heard very good things about United Gwinnett and leaning towards there. Just that it's so far from me. Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #30
TiM235i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
I have had excellent service from United Roswell and it should be a bit closer.

2015 M235i
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #31
Sir Thomas Bombadil
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell View Post
I'm up for my first year service in a few weeks. I'm in the Smyrna/Mableton area and I know Global Imports is the closet to me, but I'm 99% sure I won't take it there.
Any particular reason you're against Global Imports? That's the one I was planning to take mine to once it needed servicing (closest to me), but I don't know much about them. Bad experience?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #32
josem235i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpburdell
Where are people taking cars for service? I ordered mine from Cali dealer and took delivery at PCD.

I've heard very good things about United Gwinnett and leaning towards there. Just that it's so far from me. Any other suggestions?
I take mine to United Gwinnett and service and people are great!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #33
raydumasiabjj
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Car took a hit from a Lexus SUV on Wednesday night in Dunwoody going home. Guy was making a left turn and I was going straight and he gunned it to make the turn and hit my rear passenger side and my rear swung out and hit a minivan coming the opposite way.

He didnt even realize he hit me. He kept going. I had to get out of the car and chase him down. Luckily there was traffic so I got him to move into the plaza. He was arguing with me saying I hit him and he didnt hit me. lol Then he said because he was leaving Church he thought he should have the right of way and I should have yielded to him. (he told all this to the cop too)

He was old and didnt seem like he was all there. Argued with the cop for 10 min about how he should have had the right of way. Cop told his wife he probably shouldn't be driving anymore.

Drive safe out there guys! GA drivers are crazy!
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2016, 07:09 PM   #34
Bullterzx14
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235

Quote:
Car took a hit from a Lexus SUV on Wednesday night in Dunwoody going home. Guy was making a left turn and I was going straight and he gunned it to make the turn and hit my rear passenger side and my rear swung out and hit a minivan coming the opposite way.

He didnt even realize he hit me. He kept going. I had to get out of the car and chase him down. Luckily there was traffic so I got him to move into the plaza. He was arguing with me saying I hit him and he didnt hit me. lol Then he said because he was leaving Church he thought he should have the right of way and I should have yielded to him. (he told all this to the cop too)

He was old and didnt seem like he was all there. Argued with the cop for 10 min about how he should have had the right of way. Cop told his wife he probably shouldn't be driving anymore.

Drive safe out there guys! GA drivers are crazy!

That's sucks!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #35
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
Any particular reason you're against Global Imports? That's the one I was planning to take mine to once it needed servicing (closest to me), but I don't know much about them. Bad experience?
Global has always had a bad reputation on the sales side compared to other dealers.

On the service side. A friend of mine had an issue on a new car from them two years ago. The engine got destroyed from a coolant leak in less than a year. Global said it was my friend's fault even though there was no accident or damage. After weeks of going back and forth, they got a corporate tech to inspect the car. The tech found that a hose/plug failed.

Also, a couple months ago I lost a tire to a pot hole. I wound up having the car towed to Global to have the tire replaced. After getting the car back, another tire is losing pressure every couple days and find a screw in it that can't be patched.

Probably coincidence, but seemed odd to me. I wound up buying a new tire from tire rack and had it installed somewhere else.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #36
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Hello from the south side, Morrow, Ga. I just got my m235I last week. I bought it at United in Gwinnett, and that's where I'll probably take it for service.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1230375
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #37
nalinc23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Xdrive

In Savannah, bought mine last fall from United Gwinnett County. Had to drive over 4 hours to find a manual haha! Sounds like not too many owners down here in South GA...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #38
gt0186b
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Just got my M235i converable last week. I'm loving it so far. I'm in the Vinings/Smyrna area.
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 12:17 AM   #39
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt0186b View Post
Just got my M235i converable last week. I'm loving it so far. I'm in the Vinings/Smyrna area.
Congrats, I'm in the Smableton area as well. What colors and options did u get?

If you see an Estoril Blue 235 in that part of town it's probably me. Based on your user name, I assume you're a Tech alum; me too. Go Jackets!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #40
gt0186b
Rep

Black convertible, auto with the tech package. I graduated in 98, ME.

I don't see many M235s around. Do you by chance work downtown? I see a car like yours in my parking deck all the time
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #41
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
Black convertible, auto with the tech package. I graduated in 98, ME.

I don't see many M235s around. Do you by chance work downtown? I see a car like yours in my parking deck all the time
LOL I do work downtown at SunTrust. I had been parking at the Hilton till a few weeks ago when they got rid of monthly parking. Is that where you're talking about?

Even funnier, I'm CS '99 so we were in school at the same time too.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #42
gt0186b
Rep

I park in the Courtland street deck right next to the Hilton. I haven't seen the car since I posted it Do you have a hard or soft top?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #43
Glamdring
Rep
Drives: M235i Vert

Hi all. I've been lurking for a while and finally got my account activated. Acworth area and also a GT alum.

Anyone in the Atlanta area set up for coding? I've got a few little comfort tweaks I'd like to make, but would rather not teach myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #44
gpburdell
Private
Rep

Quote:
I park in the Courtland street deck right next to the Hilton. I haven't seen the car since I posted it Do you have a hard or soft top?
Ah ok. Yeah, I have been parking at the Courtland deck the past month. I haven't been in the office much lately.

I have a hard top; hate soft tops on convertibles.. I had a Cayman before the 235 and chose it over a Boxter due to the soft top.

This past weekend I was in the Cumberland area eating dinner and I saw another Estoril Blue 235 parked 20 feet away from mine. I was shocked as that is only the second 235 I've seen that wasn't mine (the first was black).
Appreciate 0