THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Street Parking Argument with Nasty Neighbor

10-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #23
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

just let it go. i pay for an assigned covered parking at my apartment and the piece of shit assigned to the spot next to me has left 10+ dents/dings in my door.

it has taken all of my willpower not to fuck this baby dick motherfuckers truck up, but now i just park elsewhere (even though im still paying for the covered spot that i no longer use).

sometimes i think about it and get infuriated again, but it isnt worth the trouble. maybe if i end up moving out before him i will leave a few nice, long key marks down the side of his truck on my way out.
Appreciate 1
Marc08EX138.50
      10-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #24
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

I'd rather just play dumb in situations like this to avoid the paranoia everytime i park there.

Remember us forum members are a rare breed, we wouldn't damage our worst enemy's car, let alone someone we've just had a heated argument with.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #25
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
just let it go. i pay for an assigned covered parking at my apartment and the piece of shit assigned to the spot next to me has left 10+ dents/dings in my door.

it has taken all of my willpower not to fuck this baby dick motherfuckers truck up, but now i just park elsewhere (even though im still paying for the covered spot that i no longer use).

sometimes i think about it and get infuriated again, but it isnt worth the trouble. maybe if i end up moving out before him i will leave a few nice, long key marks down the side of his truck on my way out.
People are just jerks sometimes!

I had a parking situation myself once when I lived in an apartment. We had an underground parking lot with keycard access. Each spot was numbered and assigned. There was a wait list for getting access. After about 6 months of living there I got the call that a slot had opened up. I happily signed up, paid my first month's payment, and got my keycard. Parked my car down there for the first time that evening. Came out in the morning and found a massive dent in the side of my rear quarter. Huge! Like 18 inches in diameter and about 2 inches deep. Lucky for me there was a security camera pointed right at my car and I was friends with one of the on site security guards. We sat down and watched the DVD. Saw a dude in an Audi TT badge into the garage, drive down to my new spot, get out of his car, karate kick the dent into my car, and drive off. We followed him on the cameras to his parking spot, out to the elevator, into the apartment complex, and up to the 5th floor where his apartment was. Totally bizarre. I was thinking "who in the Hell is this and how did I piss him off this much?" Turns out the guy was a local surgeon who had had 2 parking spots in the garage. He gave one of them up and apparently thought it was still his through the end of the month or some BS like that. My initial inclination was to absolutely destroy his little yellow Audi. Other thought was to completely F with him at work. I went with the better option and called the cops; let them deal with it. I got a call the next day from his lawyer who was very eager to cut me a check for the repairs so long as I signed a document saying that the good Dr. was not at fault and the situation was settled as soon as my car was fixed to my satisfaction. I got my car fixed, took the payment, and went on with my life. Wasn't worth escalating into anything further.
Appreciate 3
wrickem2101.00
Marc08EX138.50
      10-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #26
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
People are just jerks sometimes!
That's BS.

This wasn't some careless idiot that put a ding in your car trying to back into a parking space. This was a deliberate attack that you would have been on the hook for if your place didn't have a decent CCTV system. If your car needed any more work than required by a talented PDR, I would have pushed for diminished value, etc. If it required paintwork, that dude would have had to come out of pocket for more than the cost of the repair.

I wouldn't have gone as far as to get the guy's employers involved, but the aggrevation certainly would have been worth more than the bare minimum funds required to make you whole again...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #27
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Will this matter in 10 years? If not move on.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-08-2018, 12:20 PM   #28
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

OP that homeowner seems like an a-hole...sounds like he was just waiting for a chance to get back at that "evil" apartment building across the street from his house. If it wasn't you, he would have had the same reaction to anyone else that he encountered anywhere in that vicinity.

If it's street parking maintained by the city, etc. and not privatey owned by the apartment building, go on your citys website and file a complaint via online form, etc. the next rime he decides to park like a dick. If it requires any more effort than that, don't even bother. If he ends up getting a ticket or even towed, that may at least make him think twice the next time he trys to act like king shit.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #29
Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Will this matter in 10 years? If not move on.
Exactly.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-08-2018, 12:31 PM   #30
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Figure out a way to shift his car closer towards the fire hydrant. Maybe get some power lifters to help you. Then call the cops on him for having his car too close to the fire hydrant.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #31
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

move to the country
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      10-08-2018, 01:13 PM   #32
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
That's BS.

This wasn't some careless idiot that put a ding in your car trying to back into a parking space. This was a deliberate attack that you would have been on the hook for if your place didn't have a decent CCTV system. If your car needed any more work than required by a talented PDR, I would have pushed for diminished value, etc. If it required paintwork, that dude would have had to come out of pocket for more than the cost of the repair.

I wouldn't have gone as far as to get the guy's employers involved, but the aggrevation certainly would have been worth more than the bare minimum funds required to make you whole again...
Yes, true. However, that was 15 years ago. That car (an old Subaru) was replaced by an Acura TSX which was replaced by a 370Z which was replaced by my M2. From old Subie beater to BMW. Life goes on and mine is headed in the right direction. In retrospect it's a blip on the radar and what seemed like a huge deal at the time is now a distant memory. That was really my point. Squabbles over parking spots can turn ugly and at the end of the day, it's just a parking spot people. Not worth getting worked up over.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #33
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Take a crap in his mailbox. That’ll teach him.

OP, is he still taking up two (2) spaces?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #34
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #35
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I'd make peace. Find him and tell him s/t like 'I was thinking about this and realized I just went off my gut, but on reflection should have given you that spot. Was thinking first there claims the spot, but then I thought it over and realized that since you live right there and saw the open spot you were already thinking to park there, so didn't mean to piss you off (kind of like, in a tie, the homeowner trumps the renter)'. You aren't really saying you were wrong, just acknowledging what he probably was thinking, and taking it out of the realm of only one person being right (don't know about you, but if I was a homeowner in this situation, I'd appreciate that recognition). I mean, how often are you gong to be in this exact situation again anyway where both of you are right there for one spot, so being the bigger man verbally may end up freeing up that extra spot he's passive-aggressively taking up, and you won't have to look over your shoulder every time you park there (or after somebody else inevitably does s/t to his ride, since he's asking for it hard).
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 04:01 PM   #36
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Does he ever leave a window open enough to pour a bottle of this in?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OCEWGW..._-t8UBbY515Y52

Just kidding. Don't do that. As others suggested, try to ignore him. He will piss someone else off who can do this.
      10-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #37
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I once lived in a multi story residential building with the parking garage directly across the walkway. This guy would come park in a modified WRX many weekday nights around 2,3am in the morning and start doing donuts, etc. I don't think he lived there, maybe his girlfriend. I made 4 special caps for the tire air nozzles with a little screw embedded in the top of each enough to depress the valve. One night after dippy did it once again I went out later and replaced all his caps with mine and just laughed walking away listening to the quiet whistle of air coming from all 4 tires. He never did it again..... Nor do I remember ever seeing his car again... Point made and taken...
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #38
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Part of me says to try and clear the misunderstanding by communicating with him somehow (a note, in person, etc). However, that usually doesn't work.

From my experience, it's best to forget about it. He will eventually get tired, or realize he's being a dumbass and stop being a blatant ass to the entire apartment taking up two spots.

Like the time a Porsche in my apartment habitually parked soo close to my doors (all of the sudden for no reason at all) :

Or the time an Audi all of the sudden kept parking in my spot (again, for no reason)

Or, like most recently, a Lexus RX SUV would habitually and illegally squeeze itself in the middle one of three compact only spots, one of which is mine

In all of these situations, the asshats simply stopped after a while and moved to different spots. I'm glad I ignored those fools in all those situations. People are weird, man.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      10-08-2018, 08:08 PM   #39
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Figure out a way to shift his car closer towards the fire hydrant. Maybe get some power lifters to help you. Then call the cops on him for having his car too close to the fire hydrant.
I've honestly wanted to do this so many times. There's gotta be a market for this.

The "Move a car a parking spot" lift.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #40
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Sex his wife in the anus
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
________4157.00
Haywood3098.50
Marc08EX138.50
      10-09-2018, 08:38 AM   #41
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Crap like this is why I park on the top floor of my apartment parking garage, away from everyone including jerks like this guy.
      10-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #42
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Sex his wife in the anus
you sir are a terrible person
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #43
Slaney
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
you sir are a terrible person
Omg... 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #44
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Sex his wife in the anus
Sex him in the anus (once you're that horny).

Last edited by No one; 10-09-2018 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Chose a better timestamp.
Appreciate 0