THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video editing software?

10-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #23
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Will never understand why people continue to use torrents without a VPN.
Do you really know (I'm lazy to research ) they trace torrents users? It looks so unlikely compared to the probability the unregistered software reported itself.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #24
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Will never understand why people continue to use torrents without a VPN.
Do you really know (I'm lazy to research ) they trace torrents users? It looks so unlikely compared to the probability the unregistered software reported itself.
Was that a serious question or tongue in cheek?

I got an email, torrents are traced for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #25
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post

Serious. They threatened for distribution, not usage, didn't they? And how could they learn your E-mail (seriously)?
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #26
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Serious. They threatened for distribution, not usage, didn't they? And how could they learn your E-mail (seriously)?
You're correct.

They tag you for distribution because that's the only way to capture your IP.
The problem is, when you use torrent, you're automatically feeding too (there's no option to just download). And they tag those chunks being fed.
To make matters worse, that happened because I was downloading a movie, and left it running at night. When I woke up it was fully done so I was only feeding...

The email was elaborated by a consortium of organizations to protect copyright, and sent to me by my ISP as a "below is the full email we were requested to send you".

My ISP at the time was the largest in Canada, so this isn't like a "small ISP got scared of the big corporations".

There's a debate going on now in Canada where ISPs won the right to charge these copyright organizations for this "dirty" work they're doing for them, in identifying people like me (or the old me)
Appreciate 1
No one1037.00
      10-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #27
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
LOL but guys, emotions aside, he wasn't lecturing anyone, just properly naming what illegal downloads are. He may even use it himself, we don't know, but let's not call it what it isn't... if I use it, I'd call it what it is...

I don't anymore, ever since I got an email saying that I'd be facing prosecution if I continued to use it. :O
Are you sure that email was legit? I received an email a long time ago saying the same thing. I thought it was fake so I replied “get cucked,” and never got a response back or anything.
Appreciate 1
No one1037.00
      10-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Quote:
LOL but guys, emotions aside, he wasn't lecturing anyone, just properly naming what illegal downloads are. He may even use it himself, we don't know, but let's not call it what it isn't... if I use it, I'd call it what it is...

I don't anymore, ever since I got an email saying that I'd be facing prosecution if I continued to use it. :O
Are you sure that email was legit? I received an email a long time ago saying the same thing. I thought it was fake so I replied "get cucked," and never got a response back or anything.
I'm sure because it listed the movies I had downloaded a couple of nights earlier

Edit: and their file names (like the endings of 720, 1080p etc)
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #29
________
________
Rep

Here's the e-mail I got, I was curious and looked it up again. The e-mail is electronically signed as well.

I've redacted my e-mail and my IP address, as well as the Reference ID they mention in the text. Everything else is as-is:

Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Copyright Notice
Date: March 2, 2016 at 8:15:26 PM CST
To: (redacted e-mail)
Reply-To: "copyright@sjrb.ca" <copyright@sjrb.ca>

March-02-16

Dear Customer,

Content owners that hold property rights for material such as movies, music and other content, actively monitor Internet activity to protect their rights. We have been notified by a content owner that it has identified your Internet Protocol (IP) address as being involved with an activity that allegedly infringes its copyright. As part of new Canadian copyright legislation, all Canadian Internet Service Providers (ISPs), including Shaw, are required by law to forward copyright notifications on behalf of rights holders to the Internet address at which an infringement is alleged to have occurred, and then to inform the copyright owner once this has been done. This is known as the Notice and Notice regime.
Receiving a notice does not necessarily mean that you have in fact infringed copyright or that you will be sued for copyright infringement. A copyright owner may decide to commence legal proceedings. Such proceedings may be commenced whether or not the copyright owner has sent a notice under the Notice and Notice regime. A court would then determine whether copyright infringement actually occurred.

Please note that Shaw is unaware of the full details and merit of the infringement claim and will not provide any information regarding customers' accounts to rights holders, unless we receive a Canadian court order directing us to do so.

The Notice and Notice regime does not impose any obligation on an internet user who receives a notice of alleged infringement to do anything or to contact the copyright owner or its representative who is alleging infringement. More particularly, there is no legal obligation to make any settlement payment requested by a copyright owner. Such settlement proposals are sometimes included in a notice.
If you have questions concerning the notice, you may contact the content owner directly using the contact information set out in the notice. Many notices are generated automatically and contain text written with foreign law in mind. Please note that U.S. copyright fines and penalties do not apply in Canada and statutory damages for non-commercial infringement in Canada do not exceed $5,000 per proven infringement.?
It is possible that a notice pertains to acts by someone using your Internet connection without your knowledge. We encourage you to use secure passwords on your home network to avoid unauthorized use of your Internet connection.

If you would like additional information about the Notice and Notice regime, please visit Government of Canadas website at the following link:

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc...g/ca02920.html

Sincerely,

Shaw Cablesystems G.P.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

IN ENGLISH/EN ANGLAIS
[LA TRADUCTION FRANÇAISE SUIT LE TEXTE ANGLAIS]

You are being contacted on behalf of

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

and its affiliated companies because your Internet account was identified as having been used recently to illegally copy and/or distribute copyright protected works. The name of the movie or TV show, the date and time at which the claimed infringement took place, the IP address, and other relevant information relating to this notice is summarized for you at the bottom of this letter.

Our goal is to ensure you take action to prevent your Internet account from being used for illegal activities in the future, and to encourage you to take advantage of the many exciting and innovative ways you can now enjoy movie and TV content online legally. In Canada, there are more and more legitimate sites and services that provide high-quality, on demand film and TV shows, offering the easiest, fastest, safest, highest quality product and viewing experience possible. If you visit www.wheretowatchincanada.ca, you will find an array of different types of sites and services offering numerous ways to legally access the entertainment you want.

You should also be aware that many of the sites, including "peer-to-peer" sites used to illegally download or watch movies and TV shows, are unsafe for consumers and can be manipulated to steal personal information. Internet security experts warn that accessing these sites can infect computers and devices, and render the user vulnerable to spam, viruses, malware or phishing attacks.

Now that you have received this notice of claimed infringement associated with your Internet account, there are some things that you can do immediately to avoid receiving further notices and to prevent more serious consequences that may follow.

These actions include:

1. Stop downloading or uploading movies or TV shows without authorization when doing so constitutes copyright infringement;
2. Permanently delete from your computer(s) all unauthorized copies you may have already made of these movies and TV shows and consider disabling or deleting the peer to peer software that facilitates that activity; and
3. Make sure that anyone else who is authorized to use your Internet account is made aware of this notice - and take steps to ensure that your Internet account cannot be used by someone who is not authorized to do so.

The illegal copying and distribution of copyrighted works are prohibited under the Canadian Copyright Act. In addition, unauthorized copying and/or distributing of copyrighted content using your Internet account may be a violation of your ISP's terms of service for which there are other consequences. Under Canada’s Copyright law, your ISP is now required to forward this notice to you, inform us that the notice has been forwarded, and retain records associated with this notice for prescribed periods of time.

The "Respect Copyright in Canada" website, accessible at www.respectcopyrightincanada.ca , offers resources to help you to ensure that your Internet account is not being used to violate copyright law. You can also learn how illegal reproduction and distribution of movies and TV shows hurts the Canadian economy and is a threat to the over 130,000 jobs across Canada in film and TV production alone.

If, after visiting www.respectcopyrightincanada.ca you still have questions, or if you believe that there has been an error, and you wish to contact us, you may do so by email at fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com

Please cite the Reference ID (redacted number)

in the subject line of your email and please also let us know with which ISP you have your Internet account.

Sincerely,
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and its affiliated companies

* This letter is not a complete statement of the rights of the claimant or copyright owner in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied waiver of any rights, remedies or defense of the copyright owner, the claimants, and/or their affiliates, all of which are expressly reserved.

EN FRANCAIS/IN FRENCH
Le présent avis vous est envoyé au nom de

et de ses sociétés affiliées parce que votre compte Internet s’est avéré avoir été utilisé récemment pour copier et/ou distribuer illégalement des œuvres protégées par le droit d’auteur. Le titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision, la date et l’heure auxquelles la prétendue violation a eu lieu, l’adresse IP autres renseignements pertinents concernant le présent avis sont détaillés à la fin de la présente lettre.

Notre objectif est de faire en sorte que vous preniez des mesures concrètes pour empêcher votre compte Internet d’être utilisé pour de futures activités illégales et de vous encourager à profiter des mille et une nouvelles façons attrayantes de regarder des films et des contenus télévisuels en ligne en toute légalité. Il existe en effet au Canada un nombre grandissant de sites et de services en ligne sur lesquels vous pouvez regarder légalement des films et des émissions de télévision sur demande de haute qualité et qui vous offrent l’expérience de visionnement la plus facile, la plus rapide et la plus sécuritaire possible. Il vous suffira de consulter le site www.wheretowatchincanada.ca pour découvrir un riche choix de sites et de services sur lesquels vous pourrez accéder légalement aux divertissements que vous aimez regarder.

Vous devriez également savoir que beaucoup de sites couramment utilisés pour télécharger et visionner illégalement des films ou des émissions de télévision, notamment les sites « poste à poste », ne sont pas sécuritaires et peuvent être manipulés pour permettre le vol des renseignements personnels des consommateurs. Les experts en sécurité Internet préviennent les utilisateurs que l’accès à de tels sites peut infecter leurs ordinateurs et autres dispositifs et les exposer aux pourriels, aux virus, aux programmes malveillants et aux attaques d’hameçonnage.
Maintenant que vous avez reçu le présent avis de prétendue violation en lien avec votre compte Internet, voici quelques mesures que vous devriez prendre immédiatement afin d’éviter de recevoir d’autres avis et de subir les conséquences plus graves qui pourraient s’ensuivre.

Il s’agit des mesures suivantes :

1. Cessez immédiatement de télécharger ou de téléverser des films ou des émissions de télévision si de tels actes constituent une violation du droit d’auteur ;
2. Supprimez de façon permanente de votre ou de vos ordinateurs toute copie non autorisée que vous pourriez avoir déjà effectuée de tels films ou émissions de télévision, et songez à désactiver ou à supprimer le logiciel poste à poste qui vous permet d’accomplir de tels actes ; et
3. Assurez-vous que toute personne autorisée à utiliser votre compte Internet soit informée du présent avis et prendra les mesures nécessaires pour voir à ce que votre compte Internet ne puisse être utilisé par une personne non autorisée à le faire.

La copie et la distribution illégale d’œuvres protégées par le droit d’auteur sont interdites par la Loi sur le droit d’auteur du Canada. Qui plus est, la copie et/ou la distribution de contenus protégés par le biais de votre compte Internet pourrait constituer une violation des conditions générales d’utilisation dont vous avez convenu avec votre fournisseur de services Internet et entraîner d’autres conséquences encore. Aux termes de la Loi sur le droit d’auteur du Canada, votre fournisseur de services est désormais tenu de vous transmettre le présent avis, de nous informer du fait que l’avis a été transmis et de conserver les documents liés à cet avis pendant certaines périodes de temps prescrites.

Le site « Respecter le droit d’auteur au Canada », disponible à l’adresse www.respectdudroitdauteuraucanada.ca, vous propose des ressources qui vous aideront à vous assurer que votre compte Internet ne soit pas utilisé pour accomplir des actes de violation du droit d’auteur. Vous y apprendrez également la manière dont la reproduction et la distribution illégales de films et d’émissions de télévision nuisent à l’économie canadienne et menacent de faire perdre plus de 130 000 emplois dans la seule industrie de la production cinématographique et télévisuelle au Canada. Si, après avoir consulté le site www.respectdudroitdauteuraucanada.ca, vous avez d’autres questions à poser ou que vous croyez qu’il y a eu erreur, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter par courriel à l’adresse fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com.

Veuillez mentionner le numéro de référence (redacted number)

dans la ligne d’objet de votre courriel et nous laisser savoir le nom du FSI auprès duquel vous avez ouvert un compte Internet.

Cordialement,
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation et ses sociétés affiliées

* La présente lettre ne constitue pas un énoncé complet des droits du demandeur ou du titulaire des droits d’auteur en rapport avec cette question, et rien de ce qui est contenu dans les présentes ne peut être interprété comme constituant une renonciation expresse ou implicite aux droits, aux recours ou à la défense du titulaire des droits d’auteur, des demandeurs et/ou de leurs affiliés, lesquels sont tous expressément réservés.

CASE DETAIL/DÉTAIL DE CAS

Title of Work/ Titre de l’oeuvre:
MARTIAN (2015), THE /

Claimant’s Name/ Nom du Demandeur:

Claimant’s Address/ Adresse du demandeur:
20th Century Fox PO Box 900 Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

Claimant’s Email Address/ Courrier électronique du demandeur:
fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com

Claimant’s Interest or Right in the Work/ L’intérêt ou droit du demandeur à l’égard de l’oeuvre:
Owner of Copyright in Canada / Owner of Copyright in Canada

Infringement Claimed/ La prétendue violation:
Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution contrary to Sections 3 and 27 of the Copyright Act/ Reproduction et/ou la distribution non-autorisée contrairement à l'article 3 et 27 de la Loi sur le droit d'auteur

Location Data for the Electronic Location to which the Claimed Infringement Relates/ Les données de localisation de l’emplacement électronique qui fait l’objet de la prétendue violation:
(redacted IP address)

Date and Time of the Claimed Infringement/ La date et l’heure de la commission de la prétendue violation
Connected From/ Connecté à partir de (date/heure du début de la ******ion): 2016-03-01T02:13:32.480Z

Connected To/ Connecté jusqu'à (date heure de la fin de la ******ion): 2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z

Infringement Confirmed at/Violation confirmée au (date/heure que le cas a été vérifié): 2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z

Filename/ Nom de fichier:
The.Martian.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG

- ---Start ACNS XML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Infringement xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.acns.net/ACNS http://www.acns.net/v1.3/ACNS2v1_3.xsd" xmlns="http://www.acns.net/ACNS">
<Case>
<ID>(Redacted number)</ID>
<Status>Open</Status>
<Severity>Normal</Severity>
</Case>
<Complainant>
<Entity>Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation</Entity>
<Contact />
<Address>20th Century Fox PO Box 900 Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900</Address>
<Phone />
<Email>fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com</Email>
</Complainant>
<Service_Provider>
<Entity>Shaw Communications</Entity>
<Contact />
<Address />
<Phone />
<Email>Copyright.Infringement@sjrb.ca</Email>
</Service_Provider>
<Source>
<TimeStamp>2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z</TimeStamp>
<IP_Address>(Redacted IP)</IP_Address>
<Port>58486</Port>
<DNS_Name>S0106c8fb267e6c31.wp.shawcable.net</DNS_Name>
<Type>P2P</Type>
<SubType Protocol="BITTORRENT" Application="uTorrent" BaseType="P2P" />
</Source>
<Content>
<Item>
<TimeStamp>2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z</TimeStamp>
<AlsoSeen End="2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z" Start="2016-03-01T02:13:32.480Z" />
<Title language="English">MARTIAN (2015), THE</Title>
<Title language="French" />
<Artist />
<FileName>The.Martian.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG</FileName>
<FileSize>1113796191</FileSize>
<Type>Movie</Type>
<Hash Type="SHA1">249210E5989F26FD1E895CF97CF027358CE72E E8</Hash>
</Item>
</Content>
<Type Retraction="false">DMCA</Type>
<Detection>
<Asset>
<OriginalAssetName>MARTIAN (2015), THE</OriginalAssetName>
</Asset>
<ContentMatched Audio="true" Video="true" Text="false" Human="false" />
<HashMatched>true</HashMatched>
<MetadataMatched>false</MetadataMatched>
<VerificationID>Manual and hash verification</VerificationID>
</Detection>
<Verification>
<VerificationLevel Type="MM">3</VerificationLevel>
</Verification>
<TextNotice><![CDATA[IN ENGLISH/EN ANGLAIS
[LA TRADUCTION FRANÇAISE SUIT LE TEXTE ANGLAIS]

You are being contacted on behalf of

and its affiliated companies because your Internet account was identified as having been used recently to illegally copy and/or distribute copyright protected works. The name of the movie or TV show, the date and time at which the claimed infringement took place, the IP address, and other relevant information relating to this notice is summarized for you at the bottom of this letter.

Our goal is to ensure you take action to prevent your Internet account from being used for illegal activities in the future, and to encourage you to take advantage of the many exciting and innovative ways you can now enjoy movie and TV content online legally. In Canada, there are more and more legitimate sites and services that provide high-quality, on demand film and TV shows, offering the easiest, fastest, safest, highest quality product and viewing experience possible. If you visit www.wheretowatchincanada.ca, you will find an array of different types of sites and services offering numerous ways to legally access the entertainment you want.

You should also be aware that many of the sites, including "peer-to-peer" sites used to illegally download or watch movies and TV shows, are unsafe for consumers and can be manipulated to steal personal information. Internet security experts warn that accessing these sites can infect computers and devices, and render the user vulnerable to spam, viruses, malware or phishing attacks.

Now that you have received this notice of claimed infringement associated with your Internet account, there are some things that you can do immediately to avoid receiving further notices and to prevent more serious consequences that may follow.

These actions include:

1. Stop downloading or uploading movies or TV shows without authorization when doing so constitutes copyright infringement;
2. Permanently delete from your computer(s) all unauthorized copies you may have already made of these movies and TV shows and consider disabling or deleting the peer to peer software that facilitates that activity; and
3. Make sure that anyone else who is authorized to use your Internet account is made aware of this notice - and take steps to ensure that your Internet account cannot be used by someone who is not authorized to do so.

The illegal copying and distribution of copyrighted works are prohibited under the Canadian Copyright Act. In addition, unauthorized copying and/or distributing of copyrighted content using your Internet account may be a violation of your ISP's terms of service for which there are other consequences. Under Canada’s Copyright law, your ISP is now required to forward this notice to you, inform us that the notice has been forwarded, and retain records associated with this notice for prescribed periods of time.

The "Respect Copyright in Canada" website, accessible at www.respectcopyrightincanada.ca , offers resources to help you to ensure that your Internet account is not being used to violate copyright law. You can also learn how illegal reproduction and distribution of movies and TV shows hurts the Canadian economy and is a threat to the over 130,000 jobs across Canada in film and TV production alone.

If, after visiting www.respectcopyrightincanada.ca you still have questions, or if you believe that there has been an error, and you wish to contact us, you may do so by email at fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com

Please cite the Reference ID (redacted number)

in the subject line of your email and please also let us know with which ISP you have your Internet account.

Sincerely,
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and its affiliated companies

* This letter is not a complete statement of the rights of the claimant or copyright owner in connection with this matter, and nothing contained herein constitutes an express or implied waiver of any rights, remedies or defense of the copyright owner, the claimants, and/or their affiliates, all of which are expressly reserved.

EN FRANCAIS/IN FRENCH
Le présent avis vous est envoyé au nom de

et de ses sociétés affiliées parce que votre compte Internet s’est avéré avoir été utilisé récemment pour copier et/ou distribuer illégalement des œuvres protégées par le droit d’auteur. Le titre du film ou de l’émission de télévision, la date et l’heure auxquelles la prétendue violation a eu lieu, l’adresse IP autres renseignements pertinents concernant le présent avis sont détaillés à la fin de la présente lettre.

Notre objectif est de faire en sorte que vous preniez des mesures concrètes pour empêcher votre compte Internet d’être utilisé pour de futures activités illégales et de vous encourager à profiter des mille et une nouvelles façons attrayantes de regarder des films et des contenus télévisuels en ligne en toute légalité. Il existe en effet au Canada un nombre grandissant de sites et de services en ligne sur lesquels vous pouvez regarder légalement des films et des émissions de télévision sur demande de haute qualité et qui vous offrent l’expérience de visionnement la plus facile, la plus rapide et la plus sécuritaire possible. Il vous suffira de consulter le site www.wheretowatchincanada.ca pour découvrir un riche choix de sites et de services sur lesquels vous pourrez accéder légalement aux divertissements que vous aimez regarder.

Vous devriez également savoir que beaucoup de sites couramment utilisés pour télécharger et visionner illégalement des films ou des émissions de télévision, notamment les sites « poste à poste », ne sont pas sécuritaires et peuvent être manipulés pour permettre le vol des renseignements personnels des consommateurs. Les experts en sécurité Internet préviennent les utilisateurs que l’accès à de tels sites peut infecter leurs ordinateurs et autres dispositifs et les exposer aux pourriels, aux virus, aux programmes malveillants et aux attaques d’hameçonnage.
Maintenant que vous avez reçu le présent avis de prétendue violation en lien avec votre compte Internet, voici quelques mesures que vous devriez prendre immédiatement afin d’éviter de recevoir d’autres avis et de subir les conséquences plus graves qui pourraient s’ensuivre.

Il s’agit des mesures suivantes :

1. Cessez immédiatement de télécharger ou de téléverser des films ou des émissions de télévision si de tels actes constituent une violation du droit d’auteur ;
2. Supprimez de façon permanente de votre ou de vos ordinateurs toute copie non autorisée que vous pourriez avoir déjà effectuée de tels films ou émissions de télévision, et songez à désactiver ou à supprimer le logiciel poste à poste qui vous permet d’accomplir de tels actes ; et
3. Assurez-vous que toute personne autorisée à utiliser votre compte Internet soit informée du présent avis et prendra les mesures nécessaires pour voir à ce que votre compte Internet ne puisse être utilisé par une personne non autorisée à le faire.

La copie et la distribution illégale d’œuvres protégées par le droit d’auteur sont interdites par la Loi sur le droit d’auteur du Canada. Qui plus est, la copie et/ou la distribution de contenus protégés par le biais de votre compte Internet pourrait constituer une violation des conditions générales d’utilisation dont vous avez convenu avec votre fournisseur de services Internet et entraîner d’autres conséquences encore. Aux termes de la Loi sur le droit d’auteur du Canada, votre fournisseur de services est désormais tenu de vous transmettre le présent avis, de nous informer du fait que l’avis a été transmis et de conserver les documents liés à cet avis pendant certaines périodes de temps prescrites.

Le site « Respecter le droit d’auteur au Canada », disponible à l’adresse www.respectdudroitdauteuraucanada.ca, vous propose des ressources qui vous aideront à vous assurer que votre compte Internet ne soit pas utilisé pour accomplir des actes de violation du droit d’auteur. Vous y apprendrez également la manière dont la reproduction et la distribution illégales de films et d’émissions de télévision nuisent à l’économie canadienne et menacent de faire perdre plus de 130 000 emplois dans la seule industrie de la production cinématographique et télévisuelle au Canada. Si, après avoir consulté le site www.respectdudroitdauteuraucanada.ca, vous avez d’autres questions à poser ou que vous croyez qu’il y a eu erreur, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter par courriel à l’adresse fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com.

Veuillez mentionner le numéro de référence (redacted number)

dans la ligne d’objet de votre courriel et nous laisser savoir le nom du FSI auprès duquel vous avez ouvert un compte Internet.

Cordialement,
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation et ses sociétés affiliées

* La présente lettre ne constitue pas un énoncé complet des droits du demandeur ou du titulaire des droits d’auteur en rapport avec cette question, et rien de ce qui est contenu dans les présentes ne peut être interprété comme constituant une renonciation expresse ou implicite aux droits, aux recours ou à la défense du titulaire des droits d’auteur, des demandeurs et/ou de leurs affiliés, lesquels sont tous expressément réservés.

CASE DETAIL/DÉTAIL DE CAS

Title of Work/ Titre de l’oeuvre:
MARTIAN (2015), THE /

Claimant’s Name/ Nom du Demandeur:

Claimant’s Address/ Adresse du demandeur:
20th Century Fox PO Box 900 Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

Claimant’s Email Address/ Courrier électronique du demandeur:
fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com

Claimant’s Interest or Right in the Work/ L’intérêt ou droit du demandeur à l’égard de l’oeuvre:
Owner of Copyright in Canada / Owner of Copyright in Canada

Infringement Claimed/ La prétendue violation:
Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution contrary to Sections 3 and 27 of the Copyright Act/ Reproduction et/ou la distribution non-autorisée contrairement à l'article 3 et 27 de la Loi sur le droit d'auteur

Location Data for the Electronic Location to which the Claimed Infringement Relates/ Les données de localisation de l’emplacement électronique qui fait l’objet de la prétendue violation:
(redacted IP address)

Date and Time of the Claimed Infringement/ La date et l’heure de la commission de la prétendue violation
Connected From/ Connecté à partir de (date/heure du début de la ******ion): 2016-03-01T02:13:32.480Z

Connected To/ Connecté jusqu'à (date heure de la fin de la ******ion): 2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z

Infringement Confirmed at/Violation confirmée au (date/heure que le cas a été vérifié): 2016-03-01T02:14:23.103Z

Filename/ Nom de fichier:
The.Martian.2015.720p.BluRay.x264.AAC-ETRG

]]></TextNotice>
<CopyrightHolder>
<Entity>Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation</Entity>
<Contact />
<Address>20th Century Fox PO Box 900 Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900</Address>
<Phone />
<Email>fox.ca.notice@ap.markmonitor.com</Email>
</CopyrightHolder>
<ComplainantRelationship language="French">Owner of Copyright in Canada</ComplainantRelationship>
<ComplainantRelationship language="English">Owner of Copyright in Canada</ComplainantRelationship>
</Infringement>
- ---End ACNS XML
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJW1W0pAAoJEKJ4vcH+bq3cJ9wH+QEqZsfrXY Ay+e1SDWhY23Ka
J2E6ZwaOtNDlQNWXhPUiG7zVD12wJWsID2ZBNQRNgGeHFr7YHI Ft2J/QriCcqdWk
pvHffzS5wVZ/zL9CzfoV/7AfwkXWzQgIPWGL05EWPkqpqxIlM9AKYIhs5j6yDdbs
qL0jHN0RKx4fgurZCCu/0l1RiHadzBirlcjDsnUBvf68+vuiJTIdvnzDOSJOdSL8
ueitK33lIimexHahObNVNvkksBGpb8/YYQomn7OzCk8hAcknz3A1dq99YcPBRSCn
nbeTE/x3WoXj0FrZ5mkg0OholUVbzaI+qiVV1lleJUdy5AGb/+KEnLT8MnB1tcY=
=xgvj
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Appreciate 2
No one1037.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #30
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
They tag you for distribution because that's the only way to capture your IP.
Strictly speaking no it's not: this is the purpose of those anonymizing proxies. Client's IP is known every time so when you VPN make sure the end-point isn't in Canada for you set it up. I guess they just can't pursue you for downloading or distribution is obviously a more severe crime.

Thanks for heads-up: I missed that somehow. And I don't have an E-mail at my ISP for many years already.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 11:55 AM   #31
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Strictly speaking no it's not: this is the purpose of those anonymizing proxies. Client's IP is known every time so when you VPN make sure the end-point isn't in Canada for you set it up. I guess they just can't pursue you for downloading or distribution is obviously a more severe crime.

Thanks for heads-up: I missed that somehow. And I don't have an E-mail at my ISP for many years already.
I know, I mean I don't use a VPN, and I wasn't at the time. And I don't think they try to trace which IPs are "downloading" the files, but they will trace the route of files available on Torrent to find the peers that are feeding them. That's what I meant by how they find out your IP.

You don't have an e-mail with your ISP, but they have your name and address... lol

I believe distribution is more severe, but again, is there a way to Torrent without distributing? That's my point. You're downloading and uploading all the time.

And it may amount to nothing, and you may weigh if the hassle is enough for your particular case every time, it wasn't for me.

I liked the movie though lol
Appreciate 1
No one1037.00
      10-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #32
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
You don't have an e-mail with your ISP, but they have your name and address... lol
Exactly: I've just logged in to correct myself!

Quote:
I believe distribution is more severe, but again, is there a way to Torrent without distributing? That's my point. You're downloading and uploading all the time.
That's the torrents' idea: you are distributing what you've already got (the pieces) even while downloading.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 12:01 PM   #33
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly: I've just logged in to correct myself!

Quote:
That's the torrents' idea: you are distributing what you've already got (the pieces) even while downloading.
It's funny that my phone displays notifications like:

"No One replied to your post on Video Editing"

And

"No One appreciated your posting Video Editing"

Kudos on the name choice
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #34
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I still download torrents, without a VPN. Not worried. It's not like I'm using the Silk Road, if that were even still possible. I download a torrent, as soon as it is finished downloading I stop seeding from my end. No email. In the event that I forget to stop seeding after the download is complete, I get an email from my internet provider saying "stop that." Those emails go in the trash. On occasion I get a virus, my virus protection picks up on it instantly and quarantines. In the past 12 years, I have received countless emails from my internet provider asking me to stop, not one of them has been followed with "or else." I do not expect a visit from the internet police anytime in the near future.

From my experience, it seems that downloading is not an issue, the sharing/seeding after is where they try and get you. Whatever bit-torrent client you use, should have a nifty little "stop" button on it, prevents the seeding which makes you a bad person for taking but not giving back to the community. I suppose being a data thief makes you a bad person in some people's eyes anyway.

I would also like to mention that I have unprotected sex with prostitutes and that I run with scissors.
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #35
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Are you sure that email was legit? I received an email a long time ago saying the same thing. I thought it was fake so I replied “get cucked,” and never got a response back or anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #36
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's funny that my phone displays notifications like:

"No One replied to your post on Video Editing"

And

"No One appreciated your posting Video Editing"

Kudos on the name choice
I know. I've already seen ambiguous posts like "No one will be driving my fancy car!" ("-Of course I won't. Sorry." ). I chose it for Zen humility: I hate to leave traces.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 12:20 PM   #37
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Never_Enough did you get what you were looking for to remove identity from performing illegal acts such as racing before the thread turned to blocking identity of online presence before performing illegal acts such as piracy?
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #38
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post

Never_Enough did you get what you were looking for to remove identity from performing illegal acts such as racing before the thread turned to blocking identity of online presence before performing illegal acts such as piracy?
Hahaha had only anyone paid attention to the original intent, the whole argument would be moot.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      10-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #39
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha had only anyone paid attention to the original intent, the whole argument would be moot.
Fact is that if I'm participating in street racing, the likelihood of the internet police knocking at my door concerning me is nonexistent. #badboysyndrome
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #40
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I still download torrents, without a VPN. Not worried. It's not like I'm using the Silk Road, if that were even still possible. I download a torrent, as soon as it is finished downloading I stop seeding from my end. No email. In the event that I forget to stop seeding after the download is complete, I get an email from my internet provider saying "stop that." Those emails go in the trash. On occasion I get a virus, my virus protection picks up on it instantly and quarantines. In the past 12 years, I have received countless emails from my internet provider asking me to stop, not one of them has been followed with "or else." I do not expect a visit from the internet police anytime in the near future.

From my experience, it seems that downloading is not an issue, the sharing/seeding after is where they try and get you. Whatever bit-torrent client you use, should have a nifty little "stop" button on it, prevents the seeding which makes you a bad person for taking but not giving back to the community. I suppose being a data thief makes you a bad person in some people's eyes anyway.

I would also like to mention that I have unprotected sex with prostitutes and that I run with scissors.
Anything downloaded, along with this crap, will allow you the argument of "not being of sound mind".
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Anything downloaded, along with this crap, will allow you the argument of "not being of sound mind".
Whatever do you mean? This shit is on repeat in my car.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      10-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #42
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
I'm a terrible person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13154.00
      10-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #43
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
I'm a terrible person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We knew that from the dating thread already!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      10-04-2018, 01:45 PM   #44
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
We knew that from the dating thread already!!!!!!!!!!
Pussy & cocaine, they are a helluva drug!!!!
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
King Rudi13154.00