THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Samsung Washing Machines

07-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #45
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

I have a Kenmore washer and dryer I brought off Craigslist for $250 for the pair. Still going strong after 6 years though the dryer needs a new sillinoid.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #46
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
That's what I figured when I saw your post. Did you do the work or was it covered under warranty. From what I gather, once these go and the drum spins freely the washer will fill with water to evenly disperse the load that it thinks is uncentered causing the unbalance. Once it fills with water and drains, it starts the process all over again. I told the guy I spoke to yesterday that the think was acting all crazy and probably needed a new board too just for good measure. If it's under warranty and they are going to fix it for free, might as well get as much replaced as I can.
i don't think it was under warranty, but i found it as a known issue. i ended up going to parts direct.com or some thing and getting the suspension rod. its an easy fix, just have to take the top piece of the washer using a putty knife (or a kitchen knife like i did), then you;ll see the suspension rods which are easy to take off and replace.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #47
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

It’s somewhat ironic that I just noticed this thread... We have a two year old working Samsung W&D but just purchased a new Maytag W&D because various parts of the Samsung are leaving rust stains on all the clothes. The metal under the lid (especially around the beach fill and detergent fill) has rusted out like an old Volkswagen. This is strange since we don’t even use liquid bleach. Unfortunately, I will never purchase another Samsung appliance. I am hopeful that the Maytag holds up a bit better, but in today’s world of disposable appliances, I don’t have high expectations. I can’t help but think back to the old Kenmore W&D my parents had when I was growing up that was still working strong after 18+ years when they sold the house.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #48
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Samsung fridge with bottom load freezer. Nothing but issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 02:01 AM   #49
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
LG washer dryer and fridge since 2014: not a single issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 02:27 AM   #50
shobotan
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i Coupe

In Australia, there's a particular model that has been catching on fire.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/cons...26-gqe7sb.html
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #51
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Appliances across the board aren't overly reliable however these guys have a decent handle on the problem children. My advice is buy floor models.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ya...%3fhs_amp=true

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-25-2018, 07:27 AM   #52
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
It’s somewhat ironic that I just noticed this thread... We have a two year old working Samsung W&D but just purchased a new Maytag W&D because various parts of the Samsung are leaving rust stains on all the clothes. The metal under the lid (especially around the beach fill and detergent fill) has rusted out like an old Volkswagen. This is strange since we don’t even use liquid bleach. Unfortunately, I will never purchase another Samsung appliance. I am hopeful that the Maytag holds up a bit better, but in today’s world of disposable appliances, I don’t have high expectations. I can’t help but think back to the old Kenmore W&D my parents had when I was growing up that was still working strong after 18+ years when they sold the house.
I haven't heard of the rust issues but it doesn't surprise me. What bothers me is that I had a really nice Kenmore washer and dryer that I never a problem with when I "upgraded" to this samsung set. In 4 years of owning these, I have had more service issues with this set than I have ever had with any washer and dryer in my entire life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Samsung fridge with bottom load freezer. Nothing but issues.
this does not surprise me at all. I have a friend who has purchased 3 refrigerators in the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobotan View Post
In Australia, there's a particular model that has been catching on fire.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/cons...26-gqe7sb.html
WOW! That scares the shit out of me! Having an issue with an appliance is one thing but when it becomes a fire hazard or has the potential to cause property damage is concerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Appliances across the board aren't overly reliable however these guys have a decent handle on the problem children. My advice is buy floor models.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ya...%3fhs_amp=true
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #53
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
I have this fridge:

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appl...f28hmedbsr-aa/

Seems to be ok so far (about 1 year ownership)

The only thing that gets a bit annoying is sometimes the compressor will buzz.
      07-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #54
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

While we're also talking about refrigerators, I've had nothing but problems with GE. Both of my current homes I bought new construction. Of course the builder only had GE appliances to pick from. My primary home had a GE side by side. Nothing but problems with the ice maker. From the flapper not closing properly to plastic bits being dumped with the ice from some part in the ice maker. The final straw was when the thing stopped cooling. It got replaced with the GE double door/bottom freezer unit I have now which I've already said previous is really a Samsung and the issues I have with it.

My other home also has a GE side by side as part of the builder appliance package. That thing took the cake for the most problems I've ever had with any appliance. From condensation problems due to the flapper which got a modified part with a heater element, to door issues. The door had been replaced twice with the last door replacement so misaligned you can easily see it a few feet away. Fortunately my builder agreed I've done enough to try to repair this refrigerator and ordered a new one which so far has been running fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #55
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

No problems with my Samsung appliances (touch wood)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #56
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Tmi
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #57
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
While we're also talking about refrigerators, I've had nothing but problems with GE. Both of my current homes I bought new construction. Of course the builder only had GE appliances to pick from. My primary home had a GE side by side. Nothing but problems with the ice maker. From the flapper not closing properly to plastic bits being dumped with the ice from some part in the ice maker. The final straw was when the thing stopped cooling. It got replaced with the GE double door/bottom freezer unit I have now which I've already said previous is really a Samsung and the issues I have with it.

My other home also has a GE side by side as part of the builder appliance package. That thing took the cake for the most problems I've ever had with any appliance. From condensation problems due to the flapper which got a modified part with a heater element, to door issues. The door had been replaced twice with the last door replacement so misaligned you can easily see it a few feet away. Fortunately my builder agreed I've done enough to try to repair this refrigerator and ordered a new one which so far has been running fine.
GE is garbage. All of our appliances were brand new GE when we bought the house, and after 5 years of light use they literally all started crapping out at the same time. A neighbor who had his built around the same time with the same appliances has had a similar experience.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 09:55 AM   #58
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

GE is well known to be problematic.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #59
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Agreed on the GE part. Except, I wanted to keep the brand/look of the appliance the same. That's why I bought this GE/Samsung refrigerator. Not going to worry about the brand matching thing again. I've already replaced the GE dishwashers at both places with a Bosch. Although I have to say the GE gas range and over the range microwave have been pretty solid. The microwave at my primary home did have to have the logic board replaced under warranty many many years ago but it's held up fine since then.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #60
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
I don’t a Samsung washing machine but I have had a Samsung fridge. It was a total piece of crap! I will never own anything again by Samsung.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #61
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update: Repair guy came today. Took my lunch and met him at my house. He was finished in under 45 minutes and it runs like a new machine again......for now.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 03:12 PM   #62
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Not gunna lie, i had to stop and reread half way through because i saw:

"repair guy came today, took my lunch"

I was like "wow what an asshole"
zx10guy5149.50
      07-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #63
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Not gunna lie, i had to stop and reread half way through because i saw:

"repair guy came today, took my lunch"

I was like "wow what an asshole"
I honestly had to retype that a couple of times. At first I typed "he was in and out in 45 minutes"
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #64
Chaika_335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Damn....if you still have the Sammy check to see if it falls under the recall and have it serviced for free. What do you do for work?
I work for a country club, I'm basically the unofficial assistant manager. Yeah I've got practice my technique of strapping loads down because it popped right out on a pothole
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #65
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

not satisfied with my dishwasher ( few months old) , it is always wet after drying the dishes . It looks like steam got inside an hour after its done. Cant tell why . And the whole dish rack is a joke . Wouldn't by samsung except tv maybe
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      07-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #66
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

^ Most modern dishwashers are high efficiency and do not dry the dishes the same as old dishwashers. They instead REQUIRE rinseaid to help sheet off water and dry the dishes.
Appreciate 0