THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic Anyone had good/bad experiences at one of these MD dealers?

06-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Anyone had good/bad experiences at one of these MD dealers?

I'm working with CA's at the following dealers and am trying to narrow down the best deal. I want to make sure I'm dealing with good people, so if you've had good or bad experiences with specific salespeople at one of these locations, can you provide that here? Or in a PM if you're more comfortable.
  • BMW of Catonsville
  • Northwest BMW
  • BMW of Towson

I don't want to provide names of my CA's here to protect the (relatively) innocent while the deals are still underway. But I'll definitely provide an update on my experiences when it's through.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #2
dcfella
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I narrowed getting my car down to Northwest BMW and BMW of Catonsville. Both were good to deal with but BMW of Catonsville came in with the lowest price at the end so I went with them. Going in for the test drive and closing the deal was fine too. Everything went smooth and I was very satisfied.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfella
I narrowed getting my car down to Northwest BMW and BMW of Catonsville. Both were good to deal with but BMW of Catonsville came in with the lowest price at the end so I went with them. Going in for the test drive and closing the deal was fine too. Everything went smooth and I was very satisfied.
Thanks! Catonsville is including "dealer processing fees" in their deal. So Northwest BMW seems to have the better deal right now. If you don't mind me asking, who did you deal with at both dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

MegaMatt we communicated weeks back, a few nonconsiquental things.

BMW of Catonsville used to be part of the Russell Automotive group, but their family dynamics changed and they sold to the Mile One Automotive Group and it was a Mile One entity when I was shopping in May 2014. I really liked Joe, was ready to buy from him, but that dealership likes to initiate the sale with the CA and then bring in a manager to capture a price. In my case the manager stated how he'd have no trouble selling a 235 so I shouldn't prepare for negotiating - so I decided to just buy from the dealer nearest my home. I sent an explanation to Joe and actually they may have made some changes.

At Northwest they were very good at letting me test drive and Angel was actually a good liason for the brand even though he was I believe new to selling cars. The gentleman that owns Northwest is very nice. But I hated the location on Reisterstown RD. and that was important to me.

BMW Towson is easiest for me to get to. My salesman no longer works there - he still has a great relationship with the dealership - don't want you to think they have constant turnover.
Just yesterday before a Cars & Coffee at Wegman's spoke with a Porsche 991 owner, he moved from a Z3, purchased both at Towson and stated how he's had excellent service at Towson, he'd had the Z3 for some thirteen-years and now the new 911 and very happy with the dealership.
Appreciate 0