THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! daily talks gym related

Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #947
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Nice. Hammer curls will hit the brachioradialis dead on. Do you incorporate forearms movements at all? One of the new moves I use to do back in the day but haven't done in quite a few years are the spider curls
I did reverse spider curls as well as a pronated hammer curl. I have a calve and forearm day as part of my split as well.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:55 AM   #948
Rmtt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
question. what do you guys think puts more emphasis on the front shoulders when doing front raises? for example with the barbell is it best to have a shoulder width grip...wide grip or close grip? same thing with dumbbells? wide, narrow, shoulder width and hand placement. thumbs up or palm down at the top of the movement? I've always tried several ways but never found which one is best...anyone? Bueller?

I approach any shoulder exercise whether it be press or raise/lateral with a parallel grip if using a barbell. It's been shown to the safest and most stable position to be in, and actually sets you up best for injury prevention as you are at your strongest.

And where you are at your strongest.....that's where you can recruit the mist fibers!

If you study the way muscle groups work, it's typically for moving along a certain plane of motion. I've never been a big believer in hand placement affecting certain "areas" better except for compound muscle groups.....especially something like back.

Of course small tweaks in grip position will stress certain areas slightly more.....I feel genetics still dictate muscle shape.
2011 128i: 3:73 Rear Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, Magnaflow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Motorsports Silicone Hose, Charcoal Delete, StageFP Stage 2 Tune..Milvs Coming!!

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:59 AM   #949
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

No way I can effect any muscles shape by steady application of fat to it
Appreciate 0