THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Anyone have the Melbourne red/cognac combination?

08-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
surge98
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW m240i

Anyone have the Melbourne red/cognac combination?

I did manage to find a few pictures of this color combination, but it doesn't seem very common. I'm debating between a 230i and an m240i, and if I go with the 230i I'd like to get it in Melbourne red. Black interior is fine, but I'd prefer something brighter and with some contrast. Oyster looks nice with red, but I wonder what it will look like after a few years of driving in jeans. I think cognac would look nice, but every picture I've seen looks different. Sometimes it looks like a light brown, other times it looks more orange. I'm trying to decide if I want to order this sight unseen. Of course, the builder tool on the BMW web site makes everything look darker and I actually thought cognac was more of a brown shade until I started seeing actual pictures.

If no one has this exact combination, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with the cognac leather as to whether or not they think it would work with the Melbourne red. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

I don't have this combo but I'm very familiar with cognac.

It's definitely a saddle brown, so there is orange in person. If orange tinge is going to bother you, I'd recommend oyster or black.
      08-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #3
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

It would look awesome! I wish I had gone with Cognac instead of black with my old Mineral gray M240i. It's not boring like black, it's very classy and striking. I've got Cognac with my Arctic gray X5 and wouldn't change anything.
Love love Cognac!
Appreciate 0