THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Reinstalling Rear Seat in Vert - EASY!

03-10-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Reinstalling Rear Seat in Vert - EASY!

So I pulled my rear seat to get the door panels out to swap HK for Bavsound. Read horror stories about getting it back in because you need to somehow line the seatbelt buckles up and get them through the holes and your hands won't fit. Anyway had these laying around for the dog $8 on Amazon. Put one on each side, thread through seat bottom then use them to pull buckles through. Easiest thing in the world. Actual belt won't work because it won't fit through the hole so you need something like this.

Vastar 2 Packs Adjustable Pet Dog Cat Car Seat Belt Safety Leads Vehicle Seatbelt Har... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W40TSW..._mnkBjS39UgQj5
Appreciate 1
Pparana463.00
      03-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
Gabrola
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

I must have small hands then I've always been able to just slide one hand under the seat and another hand to pull from the top.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrola View Post
I must have small hands then I've always been able to just slide one hand under the seat and another hand to pull from the top.
To be honest I read the horror stories and didn't even try. After I removed the seat I did play around for a minute and said screw it there's gotta be an easier way.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
To be honest I read the horror stories and didn't even try. After I removed the seat I did play around for a minute and said screw it there's gotta be an easier way.
It is a bit of a pita, I just do one side, and buckle the belt, then the other and then lock the seat in place.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

I use about a 4 foot long piece of electrical tape, fold it in half and attach the two sticky ends to either side of the buckle and thread the end through the cushion hole. Pop the seat in and pull on the end of the tape.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
So I pulled my rear seat to get the door panels out to swap HK for Bavsound. Read horror stories about getting it back in because you need to somehow line the seatbelt buckles up and get them through the holes and your hands won't fit. Anyway had these laying around for the dog $8 on Amazon. Put one on each side, thread through seat bottom then use them to pull buckles through. Easiest thing in the world. Actual belt won't work because it won't fit through the hole so you need something like this.

Vastar 2 Packs Adjustable Pet Dog Cat Car Seat Belt Safety Leads Vehicle Seatbelt Har... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W40TSW..._mnkBjS39UgQj5
having done it many times, I just ordered these. For 8 bucks saves your sanity and knees.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
Quote:

having done it many times, I just ordered these. For 8 bucks saves your sanity and knees.
Glad to be of help! Had them laying around but like you said for $8 what the hell.

Would have gone tape route that's a good method too but I didn't want to deal with adhesive residue cleanup. Good benefit of the straps is they have a strong metal buckle obvs so easy to get a good grip and twist buckle into proper orientation after pulling them through.
Appreciate 0