THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board You've been punked by SpeedFreak and me!

02-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #67
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
People take this internet thing far too seriously.
True, but it can have the effect of casting a shadow of doubt upon what others post here. That's what is disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #68
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Jeez it was a joke!!! If anyone is gonna get mad, you should be mad at yourself for being so gullible. What if it is true that the 335 will be coming out??? You guys take this forums waaaaayyy too serious. Take a chill pill.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #69
BMWE90LOVER
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Guys, pay attention here...

Speedfreak has not yet responded to Tine's insinuation that he is a liar. I've read his posts here and at Bimmerfest for a year now and he seems very genuine and honest to me. If anyone is to doubt it's that shit Tine.

Jason and Mark, please let Speedfreak have a say to you privately, his last post today was a long time ago and he probably hasn't even read this thread yet.

Oh ,and anyone who is gullible enough to pay attention to anything "Official" on any webforum deserves to get punked. Either your dealer has a car to sell you or he doesn't.

I think they suck for what they did, but I don't think a ban is the answer to the problem. They punk'd the people on this forum and bimmerfest. But in a way its your own fault, if you would have asked your CA or your BMW dealership, then you would have been able to tell them WTF are you talking about.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #70
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Oh ,and anyone who is gullible enough to pay attention to anything "Official" on any webforum deserves to get punked. Either your dealer has a car to sell you or he doesn't.

I don’t think people believed this was official info. Its more an issue of the credibility of the forum which comes down to the credibility of the posters/members.

The worst of it all is that members have been run off this board with Tines & Speeds* attacks while they vigorously defend this hoax for over 3 months.

* Not saying Speed is guilty. Just the attacks between the two still had a collateral effect.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #71
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Once again, has Speedfreak! even seen this thread or had a chance to defend himself? As far as I'm concerned this Tine chap is so far guilty of lying and pulling down another member who so far doesn't even know about this thread as far as I'm concerned.

E90post.com will survive despite asshole punkers, because of the fidelity of posters like me and you and every other reasonable member who is here for fun and enthusiasm and VERIFIABLE INFO, and who can see the forest for the trees.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #72
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

yes, it was a loser/attention whore move, but who really gives a shit? people are way to easily fooled by what they read on the internet. so many people on this board (and other boards) were getting their panties in a bunch about the 335i, which i did find kinda of funny. like i said on another thread, it's not "official" unless there's proof that it is. my 2% of a dollar.
      02-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #73
coupedupcivic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325 XI

you guys needed to forget about the 335 and focus on your own cars anyways!!! Oh well at least Im not wanting a 335 anymore
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #74
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Ha! Well said, coupedupcivic!

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #75
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

The joke made for great debates and conversations. Nobody was hurt. This is e90post.com not cnn.com. Relax, have some scotch. sit in your e90 and realize how lucky you are.

This board is great, thanks for all the fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #76
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90LOVER
I think they suck for what they did, but I don't think a ban is the answer to the problem. They punk'd the people on this forum and bimmerfest. But in a way its your own fault, if you would have asked your CA or your BMW dealership, then you would have been able to tell them WTF are you talking about.
I started the original string over on bimmerfest because of what I heard from my dealership...so I know a 335 is coming but the details of what it would 'look' like or have in it my dealer didn't know...and that is where the made up 'answers' came into play...

EDIT: I really want to see Speed's response...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #77
akhbhaat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M318ti Type-R Turbo S

I'm not upset. I was doing just as much speculating as they were (though I made sure to point that out ), and secretely hoping that we'd be getting the turbo engine regardless of what anybody else was saying.

That engine, by the way, is old news. I've never had any doubt that we'd be getting a 335i of some sort...the real questions are whether or not this would replace the 330i directly with a fairly small price increase (which I still think will be the case, as BMW will not be able to compete with the G35/G37 and IS350 otherwise) and when we actually get it (MY2007? MY2008?). There have been reports and rumors since last summer...and for the fun of it, check these out:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=test+mule

The age of those photos (July 05) clearly suggests to me that the new engine will be ready in time for Summer 2006 production if BMW so desires.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #78
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhbhaat
I'm not upset. I was doing just as much speculating as they were (though I made sure to point that out ), and secretely hoping that we'd be getting the turbo engine regardless of what anybody else was saying.

That engine, by the way, is old news. I've never had any doubt that we'd be getting a 335i of some sort...the real questions are whether or not this would replace the 330i directly with a fairly small price increase (which I still think will be the case, as BMW will not be able to compete with the G35/G37 and IS350 otherwise) and when we actually get it (MY2007? MY2008?). There have been reports and rumors since last summer...and for the fun of it, check these out:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=test+mule

The age of those photos (July 05) clearly suggests to me that the new engine will be ready in time for Summer 2006 production if BMW so desires.
Well, the thing that does upset me is reading some of the pre-'punked' threads over here which have comments praising Tine for admitting when he was 'wrong' compared to Speed.

I mean these guys were cool enough to give props to him when he was totally ing them...whatever I guess.

As stated on bimmerfest I learned a lot regardless and am now a bit less leery of a turbo...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #79
akhbhaat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M318ti Type-R Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1
Well, the thing that does upset me is reading some of the pre-'punked' threads over here which have comments praising Tine for admitting when he was 'wrong' compared to Speed.

I mean these guys were cool enough to give props to him when he was totally ing them...whatever I guess.
Good point, good call.

Quote:
As stated on bimmerfest I learned a lot regardless and am now a bit less leery of a turbo...
If it had been a single turbo, small displacement 1.8T or 2.0T style engine, I'd definitely be up in arms. I want good response as much as the next guy.

However, a ~3.0L 6 pot with a well tuned sequential setup would be an absolute blast.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #80
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

WTH, this is crazy. I really want to read Speed's response to this. I took him to be a trustworthy and sincere contributor and if this was really all a hoax, then I have to say that it was classless and immature.

Don't give me the "it was a joke" BS. A message board is supposed to be a place where enthusiasts come together to SHARE INFORMATION. We trust one another because it's a community and there should be no reason to lie or mislead people. To take advantage of that is really disgusting.

Tine is already a loser in my book. First for taking part in this whole charade, and second for trying to pass the blame to Speed ("oh blame him, it was his fault").

I'll wait to hear from Speed...this is all so weird.

btw, to the mods for banning Tine. What a tool.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 01:07 AM   #81
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
I knew Tine and SpeedFreak were bunch of scandalous. they just wanted attention!
I unsubscribed from their threads longgg time ago.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 01:16 AM   #82
Dizzy330i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
This is ridiculous. Everyone is getting ridiculously upset over what? I love this board, but I don't post much. I certainly glean whatever info I can use here, but NEVER have I accepted its information as official, and NEVER ONCE have I forgotten that this is the internet.

The Internet is not a library. It's not all a collection of academic journals and cross-referenced, peer-reviewed, footnoted data. It is RIDICULOUS that so many people would not think, if at least for a second, that with so many posters on here from so many different backgrounds maybe some of them are misinformed, unintelligent, or lying. I know when I read some posts, I immediately place the information into one of those "bins". It's only natural. How many times have all of us read a post and said to ourselves, "That's ..."

We should all be especially careful with speculative information like what Speedfreak and Tine were posting. Let's be somewhat mature, people. The internet is a lot like real life. There are good/bad people, pranksters, idiots, and ignorants. Ask yourself if YOU would have believed Tine or Speed if you had met them in the mall. Think about it, seriously.

StewtheBassman is one of my favorite posters on the board. He seems to be (this is the internet) a funny, cool, down-to-earth guy. Listen to what he says. People take this internet thing far too seriously.

Lighten up.

--Dizz

P.S. We might not know the details but, as far as I know, a 335i is still under development.

P.P.S. I LOVE my E90 330i like I've never loved any car I've ever owned (1st gen CLK coupe comes close).

P.P.P.S. I wanted Tine to be right about the turbo. Probably because Speedfreak had more clout, and I tend to root for the underdog.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 01:52 AM   #83
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
who is upset here? whoever is upset, they are pretty stupid.

I think you got mixed up between "annoyed" and "upset".

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #84
Dizzy330i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It seems that you aren't upset. But all those people saying "that's pretty f*ed up" and "ban them!" and the like seem to be.
More:
"There you go, insult Muslims"
"Let's murder them."
"...REALLY PISSED..."
"sue their asses"
:mad:

Some people might just be annoyed. I am. But a lot of people seem pretty upset. Don't you think? If you need more examples, read some posts by members with "3" as the initial character in their handles.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 04:31 AM   #85
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
whats funny is, there were so many people siding for those 2 morons.
"I have bmw sources!!"
"oh I trust you, and will serve you my lord!"

And then there were morons supporting him, and tried to be "logical and technical". Saying how 3.5L N/A perfectly makes sense, blah blah blah all sounds real, etc etc.

LOL. go read the bimmerfest thread. People want them to get banned. They did bring up a good arguement though. "destroyed credibility of the forum", which I agree. I also support ban. Why? Just for fun.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 04:42 AM   #86
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

props for fooling me.

EDIT: Speed has yet to respond, maybe Tine is just trying to take both down.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #87
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
props for fooling me.

EDIT: Speed has yet to respond, maybe Tine is just trying to take both down.
Yeah, I wonder why Speed is not responding.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 05:36 AM   #88
EnI
Secret Agent
Rep
Drives: The Ultimate Joy Machine

When reading Tine responses in Bimmerfest I got secendo thoughts.

What if we have been punked with this thread and all the 335i debate is true?

Appreciate 0