THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Best wax/sealant for new car?

05-29-2019, 05:24 PM   #23
Marmugmotleocay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD1 View Post
H, where is Mckees 37 available?
I order from their site.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 10:44 PM   #24
GAD1
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i

Thanks, Their site is quite large. I watched some videos and ordered the High def paint sealant and some microsoft towels. I didn't know that Mckee worked for autogeek and that it was sold. I bought much from AG and liked their products but noticed a little change in the product recently. Glad I found out about Mckees 37 on this site.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #25
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Powerlock Plus + Collonite 845 + Meguiars Quik Wax is the combo I plan on using
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2020, 10:52 AM   #26
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

I used the P21 Carnauba wax recently and its a great finishing wax...car is newer and paint in good shape.

Years ans years ago, I detailed cars and while plenty of new products have come out (I use Griot and one Chemical guys protect) One I continually go back to as a "cleaner" wax is 3M. (they own Meguiers for those that didn't know)

Works better on slightly older cars, but does fantastic job on swirls marks, blemishes and acid rain. They also have a machine wax if prefer, but twice/3 times a year, I use this on flat spots (can do back and forth and not circular) and finish with P21 or finish wax. (dont have too, but makes finish a bit nicer)Takes minutes and looks almost as good as others more advance/time consuming processes. Works great on softer paints - Their Hand glaze is good too, but prefer P21

https://www.amazon.com/3M-39006-Auto...0002NUNCK?th=1
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #27
DannyM235
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 M235i

Carpro Cquartz or Gtechniq crystal serum light both are ceramic coating. I personally use Gtechniq C2V3 it's easy to apply and protects for 6 to 8 months.

https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c2...d-crystal.html
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 07:29 PM   #28
Sei6el
Rep
Drives: F22

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Paste Wax. A bit of a pain in the neck to buff off, but lasts a long time.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 12:49 PM   #29
mevans313
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivyee View Post
Depends on your goals - if you want low maintenance which looks 80 to 90% of the best carnauba wax job, try ceramic coats. I've been using cquartz UK and like it. Car stays cleaner longer and its easier to wash off the dirt. I've only had it a few months so I can't speak to longevity, but I am planning on topping up with Reload every month or so. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes more than a year.

If you don't mind spending once or twice a month waxing the car, then I have had pretty good results with Maguires ultimate liquid wax. Collinite was pretty good too but was more of a pain to apply vs ultimate liquid wax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kivyee View Post
Depends on your goals - if you want low maintenance which looks 80 to 90% of the best carnauba wax job, try ceramic coats. I've been using cquartz UK and like it. Car stays cleaner longer and its easier to wash off the dirt. I've only had it a few months so I can't speak to longevity, but I am planning on topping up with Reload every month or so. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes more than a year.

If you don't mind spending once or twice a month waxing the car, then I have had pretty good results with Maguires ultimate liquid wax. Collinite was pretty good too but was more of a pain to apply vs ultimate liquid wax.
I just actually purchased CQuartz 3.0 and a bottle of Reload in a kit for $80 on Amazon. It's kind of a pain to properly ceramic coat a car, but it saves the $1500+ paying someone else to do it! I'll be doing this in a couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 12:46 PM   #30
BimmerMRide
Rep
Drives: M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyM235 View Post
Carpro Cquartz or Gtechniq crystal serum light both are ceramic coating. I personally use Gtechniq C2V3 it's easy to apply and protects for 6 to 8 months.

https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-c2...d-crystal.html
Used Gtechniq C5 on my new wheels, helps with cleaning.
Appreciate 0