THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Opinions on throttle response modules?

11-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Opinions on throttle response modules?

So Extreme Power House is having a 20% off sale on throttle response modules https://x-ph.com/throttle-response-modules/ w/coupon code TRBF18 and I just spent the past hour doing some reading and watching vids. I am not familiar with them so looking for feedback from actual owners of these units and not some "well I heard they sucked" or your opinion based off of nothing. I'm looking for real-world feedback if any of you have experience with them. Thanks in advance!

Great vid from Two Guys Garage showing just how slow an OEM throttle body responds to the throttle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucdswBfHiUs

Last edited by hwntime; 11-15-2018 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

If you have a 6MT, I wouldn't do it. There's something about the Valvetronic system that doesn't like throttle pedal manipulation. I had the Sprint Booster and could never find the right setting for throttle response. It essentially made starting out in 1st a pain. It was very difficult to start out smoothly.

I've noticed the similar issues with the Dinantronic Sport.
      11-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hi,
They are all similar in the way they work. The difference is mostly going to be the number of maps, features and flexibility

If you are looking for a simple module, Burger Tuning is the way to go

REMUS responder is still a very simple one but offers a lot more maps

If you want complete control, get the Speed.
It lets you make changes using a phone app + you can select a map and adjust it as you please for the best results

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
hwntime272.00