THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications M3/M4 seats in M235i

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
configt
First Lieutenant
configt's Avatar
141
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: 2015 EB M235i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (2)

M3/M4 seats in M235i

Wondering if this is even possible/safe to do. My buddy picked up a new M4 and I fell in love with the seats in it. The leather is incredible, the shape is great and best of all it has an LED lit ///M badge in the seat! hahahaha. I am a sucker for anything LED.

I can imagine they would be quite pricey. Is anyone else crazy like I am? Wonder if I could find a pair from a totaled unit.

Last edited by configt; 03-17-2015 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
      03-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #2
skitsos
Police Magnet
skitsos's Avatar
United_States
75
Rep
219
Posts

Drives: '14 M235i (F22)
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Iowa

iTrader: (0)

I am also very interested in this! I love the M3/M4 interior and seats! The design of the M235i leather seats are a little too... Basic.
__________________
2014 ///M235i
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
Alpine F31
Colonel
Alpine F31's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
2,711
Posts

Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Measure the seat width. There is no reason why they wouldn't work as long as they physically fit. The only issue may be coding. The airbags and seat heaters (if fitted) would have to function properly or you'll get an error code on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
configt
First Lieutenant
configt's Avatar
141
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: 2015 EB M235i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
Measure the seat width. There is no reason why they wouldn't work as long as they physically fit. The only issue may be coding. The airbags and seat heaters (if fitted) would have to function properly or you'll get an error code on the dash.
I might measure my buddies seats then. I wonder if the rails are the same. Will have to do some digging. I don't have heated seats in my M235i since I live in AZ, so I won't have to worry about that.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:42 PM   #5
Alpine F31
Colonel
Alpine F31's Avatar
United_States
915
Rep
2,711
Posts

Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I can only imagine how much those seats would cost. Here's another idea.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
Anderw
Brigadier General
Anderw's Avatar
United_States
614
Rep
3,347
Posts

Drives: F80 m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (12)

Would be cool , definitely an upgrade overall , I would do something like this but cost might be a deal breaker , over time there will be used seats floating around like with the e9x m3s but it will take years !
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 06:12 PM   #7
configt
First Lieutenant
configt's Avatar
141
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: 2015 EB M235i
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I can only imagine how much those seats would cost. Here's another idea.
Awesome. If the price for ///M seats were comparable, I would probably go with them. I don't like the loss of electronic adjustments.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #8
FIRST1
Major
United_States
99
Rep
1,045
Posts

Drives: '15 M235i Melbourne Red
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by configt View Post
Wondering if this is even possible/safe to do. My buddy picked up a new M4 and I fell in love with the seats in it. The leather is incredible, the shape is great and best of all it has an LED lit ///M badge in the seat! hahahaha. I am a sucker for anything LED.

I can imagine they would be quite pricey. Is anyone else crazy like I am? Wonder if I could find a pair from a totaled unit.
sub'd because Ditto on everything you said. M4 seats are
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #9
voukephalas
Private
5
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: m235xi Cabriolet
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I'm interested in this also...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #10
BigNip
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: Mini JCW M2 coming soon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Hi there! Anyone here has completed the swap the M4 seats into the M235i?

I have been doing research but no luck on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 01:15 AM   #11
Anderw
Brigadier General
Anderw's Avatar
United_States
614
Rep
3,347
Posts

Drives: F80 m3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNip View Post
Hi there! Anyone here has completed the swap the M4 seats into the M235i?

I have been doing research but no luck on it.

+1 probably no members on here , but a shop or someone in Europe more likely?
interested also
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #12
StarMan
Lieutenant
United_States
340
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: 17' M2
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I can only imagine how much those seats would cost. Here's another idea.
Even if those seats bolted right up with it's included airbag; it will not work with our Restraint \ Airbag Safety harness. You'll get an Airbag light. Best to call them to see if they have those available for F-chassis Safety wiring harness.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #13
M-terkait
Major
M-terkait's Avatar
Kuwait
204
Rep
1,252
Posts

Drives: F30 335i 3/13
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kuwait

iTrader: (0)

My friend has F80 M3 and says that my sport seats in 335i are much more comfortable than his. think twice!
__________________
Docrace 6266
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
1624
Rep
4,427
Posts

Drives: AW M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

According to Realoem - seat frame bases are the same part between F2x, F3x and F8x

52107243525:-
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=52107243525

52107243526
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=52107243526

This is a good start but by no means definitive - bolsters etc dimensions would need to be checked to confirm space is adequate in F2x.
__________________
Fettled M135i EB AT - gone but not forgotten:
AW M2 DCT
Appreciate 1
dm87479.50
      03-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #15
BigNip
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: Mini JCW M2 coming soon
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Interested to know the exact width of the M4 seats vs the 2s sport seats too.

Looks like there is only 29mm difference in cabin width between the F8x and the F22/87.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 11:43 PM   #16
david51
Captain
david51's Avatar
France
491
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hello
Yes it's possible
I mounted the M3 F80 seats on my M235i and also on my old BMW F30
I wired and code the original seats as my seats were manual

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296603

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1027008
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 8
Taunto273.00
pdx2er51.00
dm87479.50
Rick4345454.50
AndrewC198910168.50
      09-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #17
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
2896
Rep
1,303
Posts

Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
Hello
Yes it's possible
I mounted the M3 F80 seats on my M235i and also on my old BMW F30
I wired and code the original seats as my seats were manual

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296603

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1027008
Damn I saw you had them in the m235i. Where are you finding these extra seats?! I want at least the front seats. If it's in Europe somewhere, please let me know where (I'm stationed in Germany at the moment).
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #18
david51
Captain
david51's Avatar
France
491
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Damn I saw you had them in the m235i. Where are you finding these extra seats?! I want at least the front seats. If it's in Europe somewhere, please let me know where (I'm stationed in Germany at the moment).

Ebay

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/331945511620?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #19
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
Anthony235's Avatar
United_States
707
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: OC, Ca

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Just make sure you get the seats from a coupe. Otherwise you lose the electric buttons to move the seats to get access to the back seats.

I saw a pair of seats go for $3k USD on ebay.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #20
david51
Captain
david51's Avatar
France
491
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: bmw M3 F80
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
Just make sure you get the seats from a coupe. Otherwise you lose the electric buttons to move the seats to get access to the back seats.

I saw a pair of seats go for $3k USD on ebay.

yes I know I have precisely the problem on my M235i because the interior has an M3.

I eté forced to settle on the memory position 2 so that the side seat Passage advance for maximum back in the back.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #21
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
Anthony235's Avatar
United_States
707
Rep
1,543
Posts

Drives: m235i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: OC, Ca

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by david51 View Post
yes I know I have precisely the problem on my M235i because the interior has an M3.

I eté forced to settle on the memory position 2 so that the side seat Passage advance for maximum back in the back.
That's a good work around
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 03:06 PM   #22
Joe240
Major
Joe240's Avatar
United_States
2896
Rep
1,303
Posts

Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Pensacola

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
That's a good work around
Not if memory option 2 is supposed to be for your wife like mine 😑
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST