THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics iDrive - VIM - just when you thought...

09-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

iDrive - VIM - just when you thought...

more 1st world problems !

iDrive - VIM - just when you thought... that things couldnt get any more confusing.

Sorry BMW, but the word inconsistent and full on re7tard are just number one in your vocab.

My 128i, no special things did I have to do, just load up a USB, put the music into folders, and upload. Then I go to the folder, just play..

2 series, unless the MP4 has a tag on the description, either album or artist, ON EVERY SINGLE song it won't see it, because it doesnt search for folders, Oh NO NO NO, you can only search by artist, album and not folder.. OK explorer, properties, ctrl all and then edit the description, then IMPORT

so now VIM (video in motion) , yes I know I can't do it, unless I code it, but I was testing I could get it to work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1> I uploaded a USB with different folders with audio and videos, i.e. jams, jams vids, blues, blues vids, guess when it uploads it ONLY uploads/imports the audio not the video, and none of the videos can be found on the usb

2> OK so VIDEO can only be played from a USB with NO MP3's only MP4's

3> OK so I make folders of jams, blues, rock etc, cool, find them all

4> CAN NOT IMPORT THEM to the idrive, no option, just an option saying NO MUSIC, so now I have to play my video's directly from the usb only and not from the idrive

God please tell me BMW is not a military organisation or government department or branch of the DMV. It's not rocket science, if it worked like that in my 128, whey the screw does it not work like that now.

why we cannot search by folder or organise by folder is beyond me the 128 did. I don't wanna search by artist, nor title and why oh why oh why can I NOT import mp3's

Next few day's will be uploading VIM via Bimmercode.

laters
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
Kernel Kurtz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

I have my music organized in folders on a USB stick, and I just select Search, then scroll all the way to the bottom to Browse Folders, and then I browse folders. It is more tedious on this car than my previous one but simple enough to get used to.

Don't know if it works the same for MP4s, have no need to play videos in my car. The built in hard drive is not very big either. USB drives provide far more space and are much easier to edit or swap.
Appreciate 1
nazali1303.00